• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 497 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Surely not the long term plan. One year deal means he's a bridge QB probably and may hang around for a while,as a back up after that He gives them something to fall back on if the young guy doesn't pan out at least in the short term.
I hope not the long term plan. If they were just going to patch this year, why not keep the guy who is already a big part of the organization? That's probably a cap issue, but Fitz doesn't really make sense to me.

I hope not the long term plan. If they were just going to patch this year, why not keep the guy who is already a big part of the organization? That's probably a cap issue, but Fitz doesn't really make sense to me.
Yeah the Alex Smith situation I think was mainly about injury concerns. Don't think Rivera was completely convinced by Alex's play either. But they did make the playoffs albeit from the NFC least and I think they will win that division again if the offense can step up. They definitely need a few more playmakers. If that doesn't make sense, I wonder what the consensus is on Dalton going to the Bears. Another team that struggles to find a long term QB. Seems like Trubisky will be gone and Foles is on his way back from injury.

Reactions: jmdirt
At the risk of jumping ahead of the facts, 22 women accusing him, he might be a serial abuser! He is innocent until proven guilty, but man...
Odd that with so many, not one came forward earlier or maybe they did and the lawyer sat on the information while other victims came forward. Interesting also that it's a civil case not criminal, often its criminal and then becomes a civil case later when when victims apply for damages. There must be a lack of corroborating evidence for there to be no criminal case ?

Odd that with so many, not one came forward earlier or maybe they did and the lawyer sat on the information while other victims came forward. Interesting also that it's a civil case not criminal, often its criminal and then becomes a civil case later when when victims apply for damages. There must be a lack of corroborating evidence for there to be no criminal case ?
Maybe none of them have gone to the police to file charges?

I never understood the 'flood of victims' until I worked with a lady who had been raped by her college advisor/professor (10ish years prior). The event crushed her mentally/emotionally, she was devastated and terrified. One student came forward and other woman joined her including my colleague. If I remember correctly, it was about 30 woman total. She was a really cool lady, but after facing this she really came out of her shell so to speak (plus she was able to get off of her anxiety/depression meds). Knowing that she didn't do something wrong, and that she wasn't the only one gave her the strength to face him.

I have never really like JF's play even in his one good season (which was forever ago). But, maybe he can guide Hurts? If I had to pick vets between JF and AS, I'd go with AS 100%, but there is a price difference.

I just looked and JF has a 62% career completion which is better than I would have guessed.

Reactions: movingtarget
I have never really like JF's play even in his one good season (which was forever ago). But, maybe he can guide Hurts? If I had to pick vets between JF and AS, I'd go with AS 100%, but there is a price difference.

I just looked and JF has a 62% career completion which is better than I would have guessed.
I'd also guess many of the those completions were short throws. He reputedly had a good arm but I never saw any games where he didn't just throw alot of swing passes.

I'd also guess many of the those completions were short throws. He reputedly had a good arm but I never saw any games where he didn't just throw alot of swing passes.
His yards per throw were pretty similar (between high 6 and low 7 (av. 6.8)) for most of his career with the exception of an injury year. If I remember correctly, that's a big if, he had a cannon, but accuracy dropped off significantly after 20 yards. So maybe the combo of his reduced accuracy long, and the game that Harbaugh wanted to play, made Flacco the under 10 man.

For reference:
- A Rodg's average is 7.8 so a yard more than JF. Most refer to his long ball ability.
-Pat Mahome's average is 8.4 (all of his seasons have been in the 8s).
-A lot of QBs in the low 7s.
-In 2020 24 QBs had more than 6.8 average (but that's just one season). JF's best season would move him up to 14 on the 2020 list.
-The league is definitely more pass heavy than when JF entered the league in the '80s...OK, 2008.

Your Hawks have picked up Witherspoon and Hyder from the Niners in free agency. Spoon is talented corner but erratic. He came good late in the season but many Niners fans had had enough of him. I think Kerry Hyder might be the better signing, he played well when Bosa went out and was good all season. Niners were not going to pay him 17.5 for three seasons but he deserved his pay rise. I see that Carlos Hyde moved on to the Jags. Carlos continues his tour of the USA !

TRENDING THREADS