• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 499 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clowney to CLE. The Browns are doing a nice job of building.
Was his college career marked with injuries? When I first saw him I was sure that his body and playing style would give him time on every highlight reel but his presence has been less than than expected.wish him luck..Padres are dumping loot into their roster..maybe the Browns see that they better up their game or something Raiders, Chargers could happen..although the Utah Browns or the Austin Browns sounds funny..but Boise Browns sounds ok..

• Haha
Reactions: jmdirt
IMO:
-You have to be mentally and physically gifted to be a top QB in the NFL.
---mentally and physically means a lot of things, and its a rare beast that checks all of the boxes.
-You have to be surrounded by a team: organization, coaches, players.
-The team must play to the QBs strengths.

The problem with "the next great QB" is that they usually go to a crap team: crap owner, crap GM, crap coach, crap roster... They spend their rookie year running for their lives, throwing to slow, brick handed WRs, and handing it to an old, never has been RB. They really aren't given much chance to be good, let alone live up to their potential.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
IMO:
-You have to be mentally and physically gifted to be a top QB in the NFL.
---mentally and physically means a lot of things, and its a rare beast that checks all of the boxes.
-You have to be surrounded by a team: organization, coaches, players.
-The team must play to the QBs strengths.

The problem with "the next great QB" is that they usually go to a crap team: crap owner, crap GM, crap coach, crap roster... They spend their rookie year running for their lives, throwing to slow, brick handed WRs, and handing it to an old, never has been RB. They really aren't given much chance to be good, let alone live up to their potential.
Yes you can see it on draft night. Every first pick QB never looks very happy about going to a bad team especially after successful college careers. Burrow is the latest casualty. Be interesting to see how Lawrence goes at the Jags.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Yes you can see it on draft night. Every first pick QB never looks very happy about going to a bad team especially after successful college careers. Burrow is the latest casualty. Be interesting to see how Lawrence goes at the Jags.
I will say that JH look really good in SD (yeh I know they are in LA now) last year, but they weren't as bottom of the barrel as their record, and they did OK building.

Tebow played for Urban Meyer at Florida from 2006-09 where he won two BCS championships & the Heisman trophy.

IMO, he should have made the switch to TE/HB 10 yrs ago when it didn't look like he had a future at QB. Tebow will be 34 this August and I wonder if he's a little too old to play the position - TEs take a beating in the NFL these days and most don't play past their mid-30s.

Broncos acquire Teddy Bridgewater via trade with Carolina:

Sounds like this move may take the Broncos out of the QB sweepstakes and more of a commitment to Lock. With the 9th pick, the Broncos could land a top defensive player who could make an immediate impact - we shall see on draft day.
When Fields was still on the board I thought they would grab him. It's worked out well for the Bears as they got Fields and didn't spend much on Dalton. This was the team that offered a ton for Russell Wilson and got refused and were also looking at Watson.

Jones to the Patriots also worked out for the Patriots as they didn't have to trade up when the 49ers passed on Jones. Dolphins and Colts are building nice rosters. Steelers got Najee Harris which they needed. Not a draft of surprises in the first round. The best WRs and CBs went early as predicted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad and SHAD0W93
When Fields was still on the board I thought they would grab him. It's worked out well for the Bears as they got Fields and didn't spend much on Dalton. This was the team that offered a ton for Russell Wilson and got refused and were also looking at Watson.

Jones to the Patriots also worked out for the Patriots as they didn't have to trade up when the 49ers passed on Jones. Dolphins and Colts are building nice rosters. Steelers got Najee Harris which they needed. Not a draft of surprises in the first round. The best WRs and CBs went early as predicted.
Jones SHOULD be a good fit in NE.

Obviously I didn't know exactly how the top 10 and 1st round would go, but it went pretty much as expected (since we get inundated with predraft stuff). I was surprised when DAL traded down, but it worked out fine for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: movingtarget
View: https://youtu.be/xmJ7SFjWy7Q

"The return of Jesus to the NFL!"
This would be a sight but why Jacksonville?
I know that TT takes a beating from every angle, but there is something that I've always like about him. He was a bad motor scooter in college, and he really seems like he loves playing (whatever game). I don't really like his over the top religious stuff, but it seems genuine with him as opposed to many of the athletes who have to thank god and their dope dealer, and their hookers. I hope that he makes a squad and catches a few balls. He can add some ticket sales in FL.

TRENDING THREADS