• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 504 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Like anyone who is for a roster spot as 3rd string TE, whether Tebow makes the team or not is going to be more dependent on how well he can play special teams than how well he can play his (current) listed position.

Also this offseason, he will need to be fully vaccinated because there is no way any team is employing any fringe players who are not (even though no team can publicly admit this)
Your point about special teams is very true. We had a kid here at BSU (Ian Johnson) who lit the college stats on fire (lots of yards and maybe 25 TDs one year), but never really made it as a pro. He said on a local sport show that he couldn't make a roster because he couldn't tackle returners.

You might remember him scoring the game winning touchdown against Oklahoma (Statue of Liberty play) in the Fiesta bowl. Also of note in that game, Adrian Peterson was Oklahoma's RB.

The pick of Harry being more and more of a mistake.

Preseason predictions: MIA, CLE, TEN, KC, NYG, TB, GB, and LAR to win the divisions. BUF vs TEN and LAR vs TB conference. BUF vs TB Super Bowl.

Reactions: jmdirt

The pick of Harry being more and more of a mistake.

Preseason predictions: MIA, CLE, TEN, KC, NYG, TB, GB, and LAR to win the divisions. BUF vs TEN and LAR vs TB conference. BUF vs TB Super Bowl.
The 49ers are one team that could be interested in taking a flier on him depending on the trade demands etc as they are fairly light on for WRs especially if they get an injury or two.

He (and Steelers offense) was atrocious down the stretch. I really do not think he has anything left in this tank and their o-line looks shot compared to 3-4 years ago.

Your point about special teams is very true. We had a kid here at BSU (Ian Johnson) who lit the college stats on fire (lots of yards and maybe 25 TDs one year), but never really made it as a pro. He said on a local sport show that he couldn't make a roster because he couldn't tackle returners.

You might remember him scoring the game winning touchdown against Oklahoma (Statue of Liberty play) in the Fiesta bowl. Also of note in that game, Adrian Peterson was Oklahoma's RB.

Well, many many college studs amount to nothing in pros, that is not just specific to a small school like BSU (well, Tebow is a pretty good case here as well). Guys like Colt Brennan (RIP) and Kellen Moore also had absurd college numbers but had 0 chance in the NFL.

Reactions: jmdirt and Koronin
He (and Steelers offense) was atrocious down the stretch. I really do not think he has anything left in this tank and their o-line looks shot compared to 3-4 years ago.

Well, many many college studs amount to nothing in pros, that is not just specific to a small school like BSU (well, Tebow is a pretty good case here as well). Guys like Colt Brennan (RIP) and Kellen Moore also had absurd college numbers but had 0 chance in the NFL.
I really like Kellen, and have been at several events with him, but he is too small and too slow to play in the NFL. His brain is a HoF QB though! :) Colt's monsters kept him off of a roster (sad that he lost his battle). Ian too was a little small and slow for the NFL so he was never going to be RB1 or RB2. RB3 need to be a good special teams guy, he admittedly wasn't.

He's got plenty in the tank and it's nothing short of miraculous how he recovered from the reconstructive elbow surgery losing little arm strength. The problem with the Steelers is they had no running game - dead last in the league with only 84 yds per game. Big Ben had to throw too much but still had one of his better seasons throwing for 3803 yds (15 games) 94 rtg & his second highest TDs thrown (33) against only 10 picks. The team was 15th in passing.

The playoff game against Cleveland was a tale of no running game with a pathetic 37 yds rushing forcing Big Ben to attempt 68 passes. He threw 4 TDs but his 4 picks early in the game was disastrous leading to all Cleveland scores.

The Mountain West Conference doesn't produce many NFL starting QBs - it's basically a 2nd tier conference compared to the Power-5 big boys. Currently, there's only two starters in Carr & Allen compared to 7 starters just from the SEC alone.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Being in Raleigh/Durham for a couple of days (doctor appointments for my husband), I'm listening to sports talk radio and heard that currently there are 13 NFL teams that meet the 85% vaccinated threshold that is needed to switch to looser restrictions for the players. Also there is a report that just under 74% of players in the NFL have had at least 1 dose of the vaccine. The report also says that only 2 teams are under 50% vaccinated. I found this interesting. Reports are that Carolina, Denver, Miami, and Pittsburgh have the highest vaccination rates among all the team.

College football note: The SEC is saying that they will not reschedule games this year. If a team/school has an outbreak and can't field enough players for a game they will forfeit the game. Currently only 6 of their teams have the 85% threshold they are looking for as well.

Being in Raleigh/Durham for a couple of days (doctor appointments for my husband), I'm listening to sports talk radio and heard that currently there are 13 NFL teams that meet the 85% vaccinated threshold that is needed to switch to looser restrictions for the players. Also there is a report that just under 74% of players in the NFL have had at least 1 dose of the vaccine. The report also says that only 2 teams are under 50% vaccinated. I found this interesting. Reports are that Carolina, Denver, Miami, and Pittsburgh have the highest vaccination rates among all the team.

College football note: The SEC is saying that they will not reschedule games this year. If a team/school has an outbreak and can't field enough players for a game they will forfeit the game. Currently only 6 of their teams have the 85% threshold they are looking for as well.
How accessible are vaccines for college-aged players?

DAL must be one of the low ones because Irvin was ranting about them not having a championship mentality with their 'lazy fair' (sic) attitude toward getting vaccinated just another sign.

Reactions: Koronin
How accessible are vaccines for college-aged players?

Very. CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aide (our 3 largest pharmacies) have vaccines available at most if not all their locations, plus hospitals have them and some of the more regional pharmacies have them. I live in a smaller city with 3 Walgreens and 2 CVSs and you can get the vaccine at any of those locations and if you know which one has which vaccine you can have choice of vaccine as well.

Also a growing number of colleges are putting in requirements that if you are going to be on campus in the fall you must be fully vaccinated.

Last spring Duke U had vaccines available on campus through their hospital for anyone who was a student or employed their to get vaccinated.

We have enough vaccines here that I've read reports that people are coming to the US from other countries to get the J&J vaccine as tourists.

Very. CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aide (our 3 largest pharmacies) have vaccines available at most if not all their locations, plus hospitals have them and some of the more regional pharmacies have them. I live in a smaller city with 3 Walgreens and 2 CVSs and you can get the vaccine at any of those locations and if you know which one has which vaccine you can have choice of vaccine as well.

Also a growing number of colleges are putting in requirements that if you are going to be on campus in the fall you must be fully vaccinated.

Last spring Duke U had vaccines available on campus through their hospital for anyone who was a student or employed their to get vaccinated.

We have enough vaccines here that I've read reports that people are coming to the US from other countries to get the J&J vaccine as tourists.
No excuse then. It's harder for younger people to get vaccinated here so I wondered if that might be part of the hold up (although I thought it was unlikely).

Reactions: jmdirt and Koronin
No excuse then. It's harder for younger people to get vaccinated here so I wondered if that might be part of the hold up (although I thought it was unlikely).

Over here if you are 12 or older you shouldn't have too much trouble getting the vaccine. Well the ones you can't drive may have more issues.

I know there are countries where there are still age restrictions for getting the vaccine. The US if you're eligible you can get it and don't even need an appointment anymore as walk ins are available.

TRENDING THREADS