• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 509 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Cowboys will be disappointed with that result. More weird calls from the refs. Godwin making some critical errors in the second half. Lamb played well for the Cowboys. No sign of Brady approaching Max Kellerman's cliff yet.............the throw to AB for the TD and the one to the WR as he was falling to the ground were very nice...........entertaining game.
Gronk and AB were also looking good. Very good game. Cowboys came to play.

Not to sound like a know-it-all, but at the time I said that was a bad pick, a sentimental pick, as the Jags badly needed OL help more than anything.
C'mon Alpe, that wasn't a bad pick at that time. Granted JAX could use some improvement on the OL especially at LT, but Etienne was too good to pass up. He was a 4 yr starter playing in every game not missing a down. He showed no injury history & his durability would have been one of the best seen with an every down RB in recent memory. In 4 yrs at Clemson he had 686 rushes for 4952 yds (7.2) and 70 TDs. Plus throw in another 102 pass receptions for over 1100 yds and this kid was an impact player. It's just a case of rookie bad luck.

What the heck is going on here? Baltimore hasn't even played a game yet and players are dropping like flies to ACL injuries during no contact practices.

Both Dobbins & Edwards (the one-two punch from the RBs) - what a blow to their running game forcing LJ to probably run even more.

I don't think I would want to be the Raven's strength & conditioning coach right now - he may have some explaining to do. :eek:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Koronin
Full games that I watched:

SEA 1-0! They looked good for game one, especially considering how they 'used' the preseason. Russ easy flow. Weapons solid. Carson solid. O line not bad. D solid.
LAR 1-0! They look good and their new QB1 looked like he has a good feel for the game. D.

Partial games that I watched:

AR 1-0! KM Dang! Pong on supersonic speed! D,. full team.
KC 1-0! Nice comeback.
NO 1-0! Jami 5 TDs.
DEN 1-0! Teddy solid. Good run game. Solid D.

GB 01-! Aaron, all of your crap just splatted on your face. Too busy to get prepared for the season huh?!

Full games that I watched:

SEA 1-0! They looked good for game one, especially considering how they 'used' the preseason. Russ easy flow. Weapons solid. Carson solid. O line not bad. D solid.
LAR 1-0! They look good and their new QB1 looked like he has a good feel for the game. D.

Partial games that I watched:

AR 1-0! KM Dang! Pong on supersonic speed! D,. full team.
KC 1-0! Nice comeback.
NO 1-0! Jami 5 TDs.
DEN 1-0! Teddy solid. Good run game. Solid D.

GB 01-! Aaron, all of your crap just splatted on your face. Too busy to get prepared for the season huh?!
Definitely nice to see the Broncos open up with a win on the road. Gordon over 100 yds rushing, Teddy B solid performance with no picks or turnovers.

Mayfield is a total chump on that last potentially game-winning drive. Instead of throwing the ball away he throws a pick when his receiver is totally smothered. He had a buck 9 left & one TO and couldn't get the job done when the chips were on the line. That was a rookie move.

View: https://youtu.be/K9NR4BriQLY

And what was Harrison Jr thinking striking a KC coach on the sideline subsequently getting ejected!

View: https://youtu.be/4kKJJ_f2ggw

overreaction tuesday:

• steelers can win the superbowl with that defense, they even have a fatter and taller trent dilfer
  • cardinals played their best game of this decade, they wont have murray 5TD and jones 5 sacks again for next 10 years
  • speaking of peaking in first game, jameis winston can only go down from here
  • sean mcvay looked like a teenager who saw boobs for the first time when he was talking about stafford
  • there is certain inevitability about chiefs vs bucs superbowl because neither of browns, bills, packers, ravens or 49ers can put together a perfect game
  • get ready for another 8 weeks of russell wilson MVP campaign ...but only for 8 weeks
  • only rookie QB who looked good was mac jones, zach wilson and trevor lawrence were lost for most of their games
  • despite crushing falcons, eagles are the fake birds
  • daniel jones,andy dalton and kirk cousins better start packing their bags
  • lamar jackson still isnt the guy everyone wants him to be no matter how many highlights are on youtube

Only saw parts of Browns vs Chiefs but you had to know when Browns were only 2 points ahead they would lose. They got nervous and started unraveling.
About the only game in recent times in which the Chiefs didn't mount a comeback after going down early was in the SB against the Bucs. I thought the Browns should have won but i often say that after the Chiefs mount another comeback. Mayfield under pressure is a different QB. That said I still expect the Browns to have a good season as long as their RBs stay healthy.

Reactions: jmdirt
About the only game in recent times in which the Chiefs didn't mount a comeback after going down early was in the SB against the Bucs. I thought the Browns should have won but i often say that after the Chiefs mount another comeback. Mayfield under pressure is a different QB. That said I still expect the Browns to have a good season as long as their RBs stay healthy.
Their ability to score whenever scares everyone. The key is not panicking, something NE and TB didn’t do in their wins. In fact KC was panicking when they were down to TB. I stand by you need to score on every drive even if it’s a field goal or touchdown every other drive to pressure the Chiefs. Killing the clock is great, but very few teams and quarterbacks have the ability and knowledge that they can grind out a game and still score. Most get nervous and flustered.
If KC ever learns or decides to play with the goal to grind out the game with runs and underneaths they’d be unstoppable.

Dolphins and Saints getting blown out. Tua getting hurt is killer for the Dolphins and while Jameis did have 5 tds, he only had 140 something by yards passing. Good win for the Patriots. Close games with Dal vs LAR and MIN vs ARZ.
21-10 TB at halftime. Good game so far and Gronk is racking up the TDs. Refs have been good besides at the end of half calling an offsides that wasn’t and missing a fumble that negated a fumble return for a td to make it 28-7 but TB had bad clock management.
View: https://youtu.be/w3Cogbq93mw

Game was a 3 point game TB 28-25 with 9 minutes left in the fourth. 5 minutes later it is 48-25 TB. Could have been 55-22 with right call. Brady had some mistakes but still playing elite at 44 and Gronk rolling. 9th straight 30+ game with a win and beats the 2007 and 2011 Patriots for the record.
Wilson is looking really good be Titans. That looks like a good game but Vegas isn’t shown it. Looks like going into overtime 30-30 when Titans could have won if Jones TD wasn’t overturned when he was in. Then refs miss a safety on Wilson that would have won them the game but they still make the field goal.
View: https://youtu.be/fvnWbAI4mUE
We’re given Min vs ARZ instead. Which had a crazy ending with Vikings missing the game winning field goal after Offense gets them in range for a chip shot while Arizona makes a 62 yard field goal. Vikings kickers strike again.
View: https://youtu.be/be1zbuG2Qqo
Chiefs should win tonight against Ravens.
Good back and forth game so far entering the fourth 35-24 Chiefs. The pic 6 is going to come back and bite the Ravens. Ravens got robbed on their 2 point conversion they made and have to settle for 35-30. 36-35 with 5 minutes left and they went for 2 again. The lost points are going to be crucial. Yes!!!! Ravens with the upset!!! If only they were 0-2 but huge win for Baltimore. They were running at will.

Refs have been bad in a lot of the games.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS