• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nature Valley GP Photos

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Well, the circus came to town, and I was busy drinking beer and eating burgers when Floyd went off the front for several laps. After he got shelled, passing by me I asked him "Is that all you got?", needless to say he gave me a look that can be seen through sunglasses and I got the impression if he had a gun, I would be dead. He got picked up by some stragglers what you see in the pics. Chilkoot hill isn't that long, but at 23% no less than 20 times will tear you a new one. Check out the guy in one of the photos completely loose his line with one leg up in the air. And that wasn't an isolated incident.
L1020043.JPG

L1020052.JPG

L1020063.JPG

L1020070.JPG

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Well, the circus came to town, and I was busy drinking beer and eating burgers when Floyd went off the front for several laps. After he got shelled, passing by me I asked him "Is that all you got?", needless to say he gave me a look that can be seen through sunglasses and I got the impression if he had a gun, I would be dead. He got picked up by some stragglers what you see in the pics. Chilkoot hill isn't that long, but at 23% no less than 20 times will tear you a new one. Check out the guy in one of the photos completely loose his line with one leg up in the air. And that wasn't an isolated incident.

Sharp PIC'S! You did a better job than the CN photog :D

Why where they pulling out of the pedals? Just trying to hard and having worn cleats?

Glad you yelled at Floyd. Gotta get him rilled up! He needs to get back into it.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
ElChingon said:
Sharp PIC'S! You did a better job than the CN photog :D
No, I'm a novice at best. Nice compliment though, thanks.
Why where they pulling out of the pedals? Just trying to hard and having worn cleats?
Going all out with your head down on that steep of a pitch sometimes you loose your line. From what I saw through the lens, dude almost overlapped wheels and that was his reaction. Nobody crashed, as far as I know, couple mechanicals, but mostly went off without a hitch. I raced this about 10 years ago and broke my chain on the 3rd lap at the bottom of the hill.
Glad you yelled at Floyd. Gotta get him rilled up! He needs to get back into it.
He really did have great support at that race, everyone was going completely nuts when he went for is flyer. It was a great day.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:

I am glad they also put up signs with weight limits for spectators in the US. Walking beyond that point could have killed the guy, or could have produced a landslide on such a steep hill.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Bala Verde said:
I am glad they also put up signs with weight limits for spectators in the US. Walking beyond that point could have killed the guy, or could have produced a landslide on such a steep hill.

Could you imagine a giant sink hole opening up on the hill during the race, and swallowing a third of the field? I'm sure some wouldn't have minded an abrupt end to the torture.;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Could you imagine a giant sink hole opening up on the hill during the race, and swallowing a third of the field? I'm sure some wouldn't have minded an abrupt end to the torture.;)

Haha... Are you referring to Floyd Land(i)slide? OUCH!

Afterwards di Luca will visit the region and sell pink bracelets to raise money for the victims and survivors...

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Haha... Are you referring to Floyd Land(i)slide? OUCH!
Afterwards di Luca will visit the region and sell pink bracelets to raise money for the victims and survivors...

Hi Bala Verde,
Nice post,
But my dear friends, You have more details about pink bracelets. Please share with us.