• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBC Universal Sports 2011/12 Cross

In the 2010/11 'cross season NBC/Universal Sports replayed all the UCI World Cups a couple of weeks late. Much better than just reading about it!

This season, the events appear in the TV schedule, but they end up showing something else. I've only seen the Women's Tabor race and there's only one other race (Women's) on the schedule today.

Is anyone in the U.S. having better luck than me?

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
In the 2010/11 'cross season NBC/Universal Sports replayed all the UCI World Cups a couple of weeks late. Much better than just reading about it!

This season, the events appear in the TV schedule, but they end up showing something else. I've only seen the Women's Tabor race and there's only one other race (Women's) on the schedule today.

I noticed that too. I recorded one and it was actually and Extera event which was really a docudrama

I was looking forward to the CX events with only cowbells and crowd noise and no color commentators

not a good sign as they lean toward alleged more "popular" sports viewing. just a guess

Mr.DNA said:
My luck with Universal Sports is running out completely in 3 weeks as they cease over-the-air broadcasting.

I keep seeing the banners about it going away, but took it to mean via satellite/cable TV service. I looked around a little, and yes indeed, it looks like the over the air subchannel is going away. No FIBT/skiing in the winter and cycling in the spring/summer. Booo!

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/473670-Universal_Sports_Spikes_Over_the_Air_Model.php

I guess it's back to the Internet for my broadcast feeds.

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
i hope this time we buddies will enjoy the event so much because this time its going to be held in a great atmosphere so thansks you always share it with community of this forum

May 11, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:

Just before xmas I saw several CX races including one from Spain. They were on at 2 AM in my time zone. They did not have English langauge comentary.