• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Need older small inner Campy chainring

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi: I am a first time visitor and am in need of a few parts for my early 1970's touring bike. (Double butted with Campy dropouts with chrome accents) I currently have a campy triple (slotted Record arms) with 52/42/36. I would love to find a smaller inner ring...30 or 32 tooth for my 65 year old legs to climb hills. I switched to a larger spread on my rear 5 gear cluster but still need more for comfortable touring. Not sure of the BDC, but it measures 2-5/16" or 58.6m between two adjacent bolts. The crank arms are threaded to receive the bolts for this chainring alone. Used campy ring would be great but also any leads to a different brand new replacement would work just fine. I run an old Campy Rally rear derailleur so I have plenty of chain movement.
Thanks for any leads. I live in the central USA.
Bill Ward

Qubeb said:
Hi: I am a first time visitor and am in need of a few parts for my early 1970's touring bike. (Double butted with Campy dropouts with chrome accents) I currently have a campy triple (slotted Record arms) with 52/42/36. I would love to find a smaller inner ring...30 or 32 tooth for my 65 year old legs to climb hills. I switched to a larger spread on my rear 5 gear cluster but still need more for comfortable touring. Not sure of the BDC, but it measures 2-5/16" or 58.6m between two adjacent bolts. The crank arms are threaded to receive the bolts for this chainring alone. Used campy ring would be great but also any leads to a different brand new replacement would work just fine. I run an old Campy Rally rear derailleur so I have plenty of chain movement.
Bill Ward
Welcome to the forum!

I hope you find the parts that you're looking for. Per forum rules any deal that you make has to be done in private. This might be an issue for you since you only have 1 comment on your profile and you need at least 10 comments to enable the Private Message feature in the forum. It may be to your benefit to post some comments in other threads to get over the 10 post minimum in order to communicate with others via PM.

Cheers :)

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Irondan said:
Qubeb said:
Bill Ward
Welcome to the forum!

I hope you find the parts that you're looking for. Per forum rules any deal that you make has to be done in private. This might be an issue for you since you only have 1 comment on your profile and you need at least 10 comments to enable the Private Message feature in the forum. It may be to your benefit to post some comments in other threads to get over the 10 post minimum in order to communicate with others via PM.

Cheers :)

Thank you for info on posting. Bill

Qubeb said:
Bill Ward

Draw a line between 2 adjacent bolts, then another perpendicular to that line to the bolt opposite-that's BCD.

Some info here-

https://wickwerks.com/bolt-circle-diameter-bcd

Found the crank and 100mm BCD..aren't going to find any CRs for that(small)

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx?ID=5E4BE2A4-2F98-4B0D-8330-4D4834BB9518&Enum=115&AbsPos=49