• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NEVER-ending Legal BS

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, cycling fans, you wanted it, you got it. You got a UCI to look deeply into doping, and what you got (surprise!) was a power-hungry group that is now extending it's tentacles into every area of the sport, extracting money from everyone and everything.
They are over-regulating every aspect of the sport- even Gran Fondos, which aren't even races(!), are now regulated by the UCI in a brilliant cash grab from manufacturers.
Cycling grew tremendously in the 90's and 00's thanks to the big names, all of whom were "cheating". I have written here before on the astonishing lack of perspective of new cycling fans about doping, which has ALWAYS existed.

Just get used to it, cycling fans. A never ending stream of legal BS and races where the finish line is not the finish line, but the starting point of another race altogether. Lance knew that the game was played this way, using European rules (which are definitely NOT the same as the rest of the Western world). In case you thought the imperialistic tendencies of the United States started somewhere else- it didn't. It was Europe. Using one hand to pat you on the head and the other to stab you in the back.

Now the game is ALL legal. Lance beat them at their own game both on the road and off of it. Landis tried, Tyler tried, but they all weren't controlling enough to win that second game. Lance ****ed off everyone, and now NO ONE gets to play their own game. Now the UCI will kill you AND your family, your former team, your former sporting directors... everyone. Johan Bruyneel should get out now, lest he continue ****ing off the Mafia that is the UCI. Every rider who succeeds now will be placed under this microscope. In the current climate, I would never DREAM of having the talent to win the Tour. Because if I did I'd be hung out to dry SOMEHOW by merely being human in an inhuman system. At least cheating is a human response to difficulty. Enforcement of rules is the inhuman part.

Being fast isn't enough anymore, and you cycling fans who wanted to look too deeply into whether people were following the rules MADE this happen. I guess you didn't know the rules either. You should have listened to Lance. He wrote it all down for you, right between the lines.

I have never suffered so much in my life as when bureaucrats have decided to exercise their inhuman and inflexible power- and you cycling fans have INVITED THEM INTO THE HOUSE. Now, you'll never get them out...

Good luck and enjoy your courthouse coverage...

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
durgadas said:
Well, cycling fans, you wanted it, you got it. You got a UCI to look deeply into doping, and what you got (surprise!) was a power-hungry group that is now extending it's tentacles into every area of the sport, extracting money from everyone and everything.
They are over-regulating every aspect of the sport- even Gran Fondos, which aren't even races(!), are now regulated by the UCI in a brilliant cash grab from manufacturers.
Cycling grew tremendously in the 90's and 00's thanks to the big names, all of whom were "cheating". I have written here before on the astonishing lack of perspective of new cycling fans about doping, which has ALWAYS existed.

Just get used to it, cycling fans. A never ending stream of legal BS and races where the finish line is not the finish line, but the starting point of another race altogether. Lance knew that the game was played this way, using European rules (which are definitely NOT the same as the rest of the Western world). In case you thought the imperialistic tendencies of the United States started somewhere else- it didn't. It was Europe. Using one hand to pat you on the head and the other to stab you in the back.

Now the game is ALL legal. Lance beat them at their own game both on the road and off of it. Landis tried, Tyler tried, but they all weren't controlling enough to win that second game. Lance ****ed off everyone, and now NO ONE gets to play their own game. Now the UCI will kill you AND your family, your former team, your former sporting directors... everyone. Johan Bruyneel should get out now, lest he continue ****ing off the Mafia that is the UCI. Every rider who succeeds now will be placed under this microscope. In the current climate, I would never DREAM of having the talent to win the Tour. Because if I did I'd be hung out to dry SOMEHOW by merely being human in an inhuman system. At least cheating is a human response to difficulty. Enforcement of rules is the inhuman part.

Being fast isn't enough anymore, and you cycling fans who wanted to look too deeply into whether people were following the rules MADE this happen. I guess you didn't know the rules either. You should have listened to Lance. He wrote it all down for you, right between the lines.

I have never suffered so much in my life as when bureaucrats have decided to exercise their inhuman and inflexible power- and you cycling fans have INVITED THEM INTO THE HOUSE. Now, you'll never get them out...

Did I miss a Press release between who they are suing but can you point out where exactly (& when) the UCI have "looked deeply in to doping"?

May 21, 2010
Visit site
durgadas said:
...Being fast isn't enough anymore, and you cycling fans who wanted to look too deeply into whether people were following the rules MADE this happen. I guess you didn't know the rules either. You should have listened to Lance. He wrote it all down for you, right between the lines....

But...if he wrote it all down for me how come I didn't see it? Are implying that there's a deeper meaning to all that Lance wrote? And it wasn't expressly stated in the Lancian Codices?

Whattha?

Hang on a minute...!

Heeeeyyyy! You're good!

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Elagabalus said:
But...if he wrote it all down for me how come I didn't see it? Are implying that there's a deeper meaning to all that Lance wrote? And it wasn't expressly stated in the Lancian Codices?

Whattha?

Hang on a minute...!

Heeeeyyyy! You're good!

It was "between the lines" :p

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Arguably cycling is the cleanest, most monitored under the microscope sport there is.
If Lance for instance was so dirty who did he follow? He only has one enemy now, Landis. Landis will soon be sweeping streets in /Zurich/Paris etc.
Lance, McQuaid other officials are just following tradition.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Arguably cycling is the cleanest, most monitored under the microscope sport there is.
If Lance for instance was so dirty who did he follow? He only has one enemy now, Landis. Landis will soon be sweeping streets in /Zurich/Paris etc.
Lance, McQuaid other officials are just following tradition.

You missed an indefinite article. Landis will soon be sweeping the streets in /Zurich/Paris etc.-with his anti-Lance/UCI Campaign 2011! Yeaaaaah!!

A

Anonymous

durgadas said:

I would argue that it is the corrupting influence of money that makes the sport and the UCI the hypocrisy that they are. If there weren't billions of dollars at stake, the corruption that infects the sport would not be present. This is the reality of any human endeavor. Get used to it or you are going to have a very frustrating life.

durgadas said:

so.............. Why are you so upset once more?

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
A few people have tried to blame fans for all the doping as supposedly fans want more and more ridiculous climbing feats etc... Now fans are being blamed for the current legal mess for wanting the sport to be clean.

Everything is the fan's fault. Not the people participating or organising but the people watching. Wonderful logic there OP.

Surely a thread can be locked for the sheer idiocy of the first post?

Francois the Postman has warned me to be nice to new posters. In this spirit, I welcome durgadas to these boards. I'm sure I speak for all cyclingnews posters when I say that we all look forward to many more flashes of brilliance from this new and talented poster.

There, hope you're happy Francois.