• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New and growing first world problem

Yup. You guessed it. Junk injuries. Time to ban Axe body spray.

"Pubic hair grooming injuries jumped five-fold between 2002 and 2010, according to a recent analysis of ER visits by scientists at the University of California, San Francisco. The cringe-inducing reports increased most at the end of the time frame, with an estimated 2,500 grooming mishaps a year by 2010.

And those are just the cuts, burns, gashes, rashes and other unpleasant outcomes that required emergency medical attention, said Dr. Allison Glass..."

http://todayhealth.today.com/_news/...the-rise-researchers-find?chromedomain=vitals

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Yup. You guessed it. Junk injuries. Time to ban Axe body spray.

"Pubic hair grooming injuries jumped five-fold between 2002 and 2010, according to a recent analysis of ER visits by scientists at the University of California, San Francisco. The cringe-inducing reports increased most at the end of the time frame, with an estimated 2,500 grooming mishaps a year by 2010.

And those are just the cuts, burns, gashes, rashes and other unpleasant outcomes that required emergency medical attention, said Dr. Allison Glass..."

http://todayhealth.today.com/_news/...the-rise-researchers-find?chromedomain=vitals
Are you wanting to admit to doing something of the sort, BroDeal?:D

Okay, when I raced like 100 years ago on my old TVT I used to shave my legs, like everyone else. I can see why body builders and swimmers shave body hair as well. But shaving one's pubic hair??? Straight guys shaving their pubic hair? That just seems really sissy girly to me, and yes my bike should give away my age, I am an old fart.

The most of my friends and in general boys/men in my age (19), shave or at least 'moderate' their pubic hair. I would say that it is very common between 15 and 35 years old in Denmark. There is still a lot that don't, but more than half of everyone I know in that age group does something.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Okay, when I raced like 100 years ago on my old TVT I used to shave my legs, like everyone else. I can see why body builders and swimmers shave body hair as well. But shaving one's pubic hair??? Straight guys shaving their pubic hair? That just seems really sissy girly to me, and yes my bike should give away my age, I am an old fart.

I'm with you and I'm not even an old fart.

I mean, I knew more and more guys were doing it and I thought it's silly, but 58-78%, man, where is this world going :(

Maaaaaaaarten said:
I'm with you and I'm not even an old fart.

I mean, I knew more and more guys were doing it and I thought it's silly, but 58-78%, man, where is this world going :(

“I read an interview with Umberto Veronesi, a scientist, a reputed oncologist and Minister for Health,” Cipollini continued. “In five hundred years or more, human beings might have both sets of genitalia, male and female. I don’t want this evolution to have started already in cycling…”

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
You also live in Southern Europe :p

I think it is more common in the North

Naw, I don't live much south of you and I barely know anyone who does it either.

Tbh, in my experience most guys don't shave aything except their facial hair and for some sports they shave their legs. I mean, I know some guys might shave their chest or their balls or whatever, but I really find it difficult to believe that most guys would do those things.

Also, I wouldn't feel comfortable holding a razor anywhere near my penis. :p

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Naw, I don't live much south of you and I barely know anyone who does it either.

Tbh, in my experience most guys don't shave aything except their facial hair and for some sports they shave their legs. I mean, I know some guys might shave their chest or their balls or whatever, but I really find it difficult to believe that most guys would do those things.

Also, I wouldn't feel comfortable holding a razor anywhere near my penis. :p
Well I don't think that most people go for 'bald' look. But amongst friends of my age, there are more people who do something than nothing. ;)