• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New World Record

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
9"950 : this is the New World Record to do 200 meter.
Kevin SIREAU make this time today in Moscow
an othen French man beat the older WR of Teo BOS, Gregory BAUGE 9"954

Very strong French Sprint Team...

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Theo Bos holds the record at 9.772 also set in Moscow in 2006. Moscow is the best track in the world. 333 metres should be the standard not 250 metres.

May 30, 2009
Visit site
:) The time of 9,950s isn't of cause the new world record, but 9,650s it is.
Also for 2nd place it is 9,654s rather than 9,954s.
Apparantly 3rd place is occupied by Manthias Stumpf GER with 9,921s, which is 0,626s slower or rather 13 meters :confused: than his winning time of 10,547s only a couple of days back with the GP of Tula.
The website http://www.fvsr.ru does not yet give the details of GP of Moscow.

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Frans Rutten said:
:) The time of 9,950s isn't of cause the new world record, but 9,650s it is.
Also for 2nd place it is 9,654s rather than 9,954s.
Apparantly 3rd place is occupied by Manthias Stumpf GER with 9,921s, which is 0,626s slower or rather 13 meters :confused: than his winning time of 10,547s only a couple of days back with the GP of Tula.
The website http://www.fvsr.ru does not yet give the details of GP of Moscow.

According http://www.nos.nl. Kevin Sireau already broke his 200m world record with 9,572s. Just two months ago he qualified during the world's 3rd with 10,001s.
This means a colossal difference of 8,75m. Even with the advantage of the steep Krylatskoje velodrome in mind this is hardly to understand. The rate of progress is baffling and for me at least also annoying. What are the unseen underlying decisive factors? First GB in Beijing 2008 and now France in sprint.

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Frans Rutten said:
According http://www.nos.nl. Kevin Sireau already broke his 200m world record with 9,572s. Just two months ago he qualified during the world's 3rd with 10,001s.
This means a colossal difference of 8,75m. Even with the advantage of the steep Krylatskoje velodrome in mind this is hardly to understand. The rate of progress is baffling and for me at least also annoying. What are the unseen underlying decisive factors? First GB in Beijing 2008 and now France in sprint.

The 9,572s is an out of competition result and there are no further details in the official report of the GP of Moscow, now available on http://www.fvsr.ru

Friday, Kevin Sireau won the 200m qualification in 4,775s + 4,875s = 9,650s. Average speed of the first 100m exceeds the omninous 75km/h mark (75,393km/h), but Gregory Bauge did even better with 4,750s/75,789km/h.
Kevin Sireau probably did better last Saturday during his 9,572s effort.

Although the European Cup competition with 7 riders sub 10,10s, 18 riders sub 10,30s can be classified as very good, the 9,650s/9,654s French upset (later even 9,572s) did quite ressemble the GB Hoy/Kenny upset of 9,815s/9,857s in Beijing 2008.

The results of Sireau during the competition: 10,70s-11,34s-10,90s-10,48s-10,48s-10,89s-10,61s-10,29s don't match those of Chris Hoy during the Olympics, so I'm not sure if Sireau did catch Chris Hoy.

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Normally I wouldn’t post this, but since it seems so bizarre to me and I think still relevant to this subject, I’ll give it a try.

Yesterday Kévin Sireau lost during his GP St. Denis 200m race the virtual competition with his recent 200m WR race of 9,572s with a stunning difference of almost 62 feet or calculated 18,82m. He won the competition with 10,566s, before Grégory Bauge with 10,896s and Sebastian Dohrer in 10,942s.

Therefore, the European Cup displayed in a short time a rather peculair picture of world class sprinting on three large 333m velodromes: Tula (outdoor, concrete), Moscow (indoor, wood) and Saint Denis (outdoor, concrete).

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
Guys you all know how they made that improvement.
Maybe you wish to enlighten us BB? :) How much of a power increase can you get by doping for the sprints then? :confused:

Seriously why are the records tumbling now and not at the Olympics? I don't believe doping to be the major cause for the lower times, but I could be wrong. If doping was the cause then surely the times from recent years would be similar to todays.

BTW I am not a track sprinter and have little knowledge in the sprint diciplines.

May 30, 2009
Visit site
velodromeorguk said:

Thanks for the link. I've found out, that Grégory Bauge also had an extra ride with 9,622s and was almost as fast as Kévin Sireau.

But I don't agree with a significant part of your statement:

Krylatskoje Velodrome is traditional a fast track due to it being 333m instead of the normal 250m, meaning riders get a steeper line into 200m Time trialling, allowing for an estimated 0,5s improvement on 200m times

Would this be accurate those times wouldn't be so extraordinary at all.

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Frans Rutten said:

GB (Chris Hoy and Jason Kenny) and FRANCE (Kévin Sireau and Mickaël Bourgain) again clashed last Saturday at the 3rd leg of the Fenioux France Trophy on the Vélodrome Toulon Provence Mediterranee (Hyères, an outdoor rink, 333m, partly covered). Chris Hoy did 10,130s before Jason Kenny with 10,277s. Kévin Sireau, obviously now lost his momentum, and scored only 10,385s. Mickaël Bourgain finshed fourth in the time trial with 10,398s.
Kévin Sireau did though win the overall 200m event. When will Chris Hoy take the world record?

Frans:
I have noted your comments upon Becky James's WR in Moscow, yesterday, in relation to the Cycling Weekly report.
Rather than reply there, I shall do so, here.

The result is remarkable, because she is remarkable. Nothing more.
Few really know of this young athlete's potential and credibility. I happen to be one of the few.

You, on the other hand, remain free to spectulate.......unfortunately.

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Why unfortunately? There's no law biding me to believe unconditionally in outstanding performances or rather most of the time in the manner in which they are brought to practice. In the 1980's we "had to believe" in almost a collective manner. At hindsight we know that 90 to 100% of all the outstanding performances of those times in one way or another were tainted. In recent years we suddenly see in different sports all over sudden performance spurts, which at first hand cannot be explained. That's why performance analysis seemed to be a sort of instrument that might contribute. The performance spurt that Becky James IMO made, caught my attention. Not the performance in particular. So, no offense, but in topsport a rather pretty face NEVER has been proof of innocence, as in life self for that matter.

All I can say is she had a very rough season, last year.
Tonsils out, glandular fever and the Brit ODS were not present at either the Worlds or the Euros.
Went under 12 seconds at age 15.

So, time for some more speculation, Frans.
She's just taken the Keiran world title, as well.
(just as her very first coach said she would)

http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/gb...ingteam-GB-Sprinters-Head-for-Junior-Worlds-0

Note: Class of her own. Time will show.

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
chris80 said:
9"950 : this is the New World Record to do 200 meter.
Kevin SIREAU make this time today in Moscow
an othen French man beat the older WR of Teo BOS, Gregory BAUGE 9"954

Very strong French Sprint Team...

Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

A

Anonymous

Frans Rutten said:
The performance spurt that Becky James IMO made, caught my attention. Not the performance in particular.

not that much of a spurt really, shes been threatening it for ages...

better get used to it, wont be the last time you see her wearing the rainbow stripes.. and bearing in mind she will only be 20'ish in 2012, she could win medals at four olympics..

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi There!
Im Olgah!
Im new here in this site!
Sorry but I have no Idea on that!
I hope I can have more friends here!
Im happy to have you Guys!
Thanks!
Good Luck!...

TRENDING THREADS