• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Zealand National Road Championships

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Thanks... This Mr. Gough must be quite handy to beat Sergent by 28s and Hendo by over a minute.
I thought Gough might be up there. But honestly I didn't think he would beat Henderson (champ in 1996 )or Sergent. What a great ride. Who are we picking for sundays RR then? I think Gudsell;)

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
whittashau said:
Hayden Roulston won the men's road race today, Henderson 2nd, and Jeremy Yates was third

You posted that result quickly!

I was impressed with Vink again this year (under 23 winner for those who weren't there). He really "leaves it all on the road"; he looked absolutely stuffed on the last lap when Rolley dropped him. Pure Blacks efforts to control the race added another dimension too. What a great day's racing. Even the wind didn't blow like 50,000 @rseholes for once. :)

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I Watch Cycling In July said:
You posted that result quickly!

I was impressed with Vink again this year (under 23 winner for those who weren't there). He really "leaves it all on the road"; he looked absolutely stuffed on the last lap when Rolley dropped him. Pure Blacks efforts to control the race added another dimension too. What a great day's racing. Even the wind didn't blow like 50,000 @rseholes for once. :)

Magical iphone ;)

Yeah, great day. I'm glad rolley took it out because it means the NZ jersey will be seen in big events unlike last year. He looks in great form. The future of NZ cycling certainly looks on the up with the rise of young talents likes of Bewly, Sergent, Vink etc

TRENDING THREADS