• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NJ & East Coast Riders

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself in and get some feedback on some thoughts;

My name is Keith, I've just recently been back to trail riding for only a few months here in NJ. Thanks to my brother, Dave, who's been riding regularly for 4 yrs now, I've been able to re-discover the pure awesomeness of mountain biking.

So with that said Dave an I are trying to get feedback in the region on some business ideas we've been working on and wanted to start generating some Buzz as well as get some general thoughts on the plans.

As many may/may not know, Ray's MTB, out in Ohio is pretty much the only indoor biking center in the country, or at least the only one worth visiting within driving distance of the East Coast. While we've not yet been out to visit Ray's to ride the track(s) and speak with him, we can easily see the success and feel the East Coast could benefit from an establishment.

Dave and I have been brain storming ideas and scouting properties for a similar concept here in NJ. While this is still in design and planning stages, we wanted to get some feedback on this idea; Would you come? What would concepts would you like to see different to Ray's?, etc.

So, give us some thoughts.

We hope to be seeing you in the next couple years once all the planning and politics works out.

Thank you!

K&D

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
i would definitely visit, over the winter! do something around exits 7-10 off the turnpike, and you'll be roughly halfway between NY city and Philadelphia.

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
MB

Keith:

I live in Monmouth County and Ft. Monmouth is closing. This is causing a lot of businesses to close down, and leaving a lot of huge buildings around the area empty and surly they would be perfect for what you are looking for, plus reasonable.

RJ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
What would you do with the place in the summer though?

In Colorado we have an indoor mtn bike place here in Boulder (also has a velodrome, whatever that is), but I've never been. I just go skiing all winter. I used to live in upstate NY and the winters SUCKED, I rode trainers a lot. Would have loved an indoor mtn bike spot back then.

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Jerseys still aways from NH

Jersey is still aways from NH but I support the idea - if we had something within an hour to an hour and a half from our place in NH (portsmouth) we would be there. Best of luck.

May 6, 2010
Visit site
All very great news, thanks everyone for your feed back.

Things are still in development, business plan is being written and financing options are being explored.

Rip:30, Summer time we'd probably keep limited hours or have other various other business related activities going on, but summer time is a big consideration for the business plan.