• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

No Needles

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
philsinclair said:
Interesting David Millar's comments before the Giro, (which I support). How the hell are they going to enforce a no needles policy? I heard that in the Tour de Romandie, a number of hotels had waste bins full of used syringes. One must assume that was for pain killers, as there were numerous accidents :confused:, or riders needed something to aid recovery :eek: ….

It's the risk element - they no longer need to test positive for drugs - they just need to 'test positive' for needles. So this means that they will be at risk of searches of bins etc - it effectively lowers the threshold required to kick out a team for doping.

Team most likely to get busted - Geox.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
The No Needle Policy will actually be bad for the rider's health.

Valid uses, such as for iron shots, will be banned.

Hopefully, they will be liberal with the issuance of TUE's for rider's health issues...
The last thing we need is for the Anti-Doping Dog&Pony Show to actually hurt the rider's health

I like your irony on this issue. How many studies have shown an unusual percentage of riders to be iron-toxic? EPO and plasma need a little heavy metal for the goods to stick...