• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Not Too Many Positives at-the-mo!

A

Anonymous

Some posters on these forums must be spewing feathers, eh!

Having read the Cobo thread, there must be a few who know more than the testing bods.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Sergey® said:

Having read the Cobo thread, there must be a few who know more than the testing bods.

Haven't been reading the Cobo thread but have yet to see a Vuelta that didn't have some startling levels of attacking. By startling I mean otherworldly. By otherworldly I mean beyond human. That is not knowledge, just opinion.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Sergey&#174 said:

No, I would quite confident the testers are aware that they do not have a test for Autologous Blood doping.

The Vuelta has only just ended -this time last year no-one knew that Contador had a failed test from the Tour.
This is Pro cycling, you won't have to wait long before the sport shots itself in the foot again.

A

Anonymous

Dr. Maserati said:
No, I would quite confident the testers are aware that they do not have a test for Autologous Blood doping.

The Vuelta has only just ended -this time last year no-one knew that Contador had a failed test from the Tour.
This is Pro cycling, you won't have to wait long before the sport shots itself in the foot again.

I don't doubt that....but the fact that there's been *uck-all factual positives proven (or stated) really does curtail the folks that 'KNOW FOLKS ARE CHEATING' and put on the back foot. They're nothing more than rumourmongers and speculators. Dare I say....trolls.

YMMV

Sergey® said:
I don't doubt that....but the fact that there's been *uck-all factual positives proven (or stated) really does curtail the folks that 'KNOW FOLKS ARE CHEATING' and put on the back foot. They're nothing more than rumourmongers and speculators. Dare I say....trolls.

YMMV

Armstrong never tested positive, neither did Basso or Ulrich or Rassmussen (technically) or Riis, I could go on.

The lack of positives is an encouraging sign, but it isn't in any way proof

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Sergey® said:

YMMV
Sure, a lot pf people speculate (and they may be wrong about individuals) - but using numbers or "factual positives" as anything to go by is foolhardy.

These are the 'official' positives according to the UCI's own website:

44 2010
47 2009
51 2008
34 2007
43 2006

So last year was as (good or bad) as 2006.
And in comparison to other years 2007 was a very clean year.

Dr. Maserati said:
So last year was as (good or bad) as 2006.
And in comparison to other years 2007 was a very clean year.

To reiterate, an absence of positives does not mean there isn't a doping problem in 2011.

We know for a fact the UCI's simply not testing. We don't know what test conditions were like at the TdF. Even more so for the Vuelta.

It was news to me that Christian Prudhomme (sp) is hanging around Pat's Tour of China production, so that does not bode well for thorough testing at the TdF.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Also (and I admit not looking this up to confirm) a lot of riders that you may have expected to possibly fail a test in '07 were not riding the big races as a partial result of the events of '06.

TRENDING THREADS