• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NZ woman cycles to hospital to give birth

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...er-for-women-cycles-to-hospital-to-give-birth

New Zealand's minister for women has cycled herself to a birthing unit as she prepares to have her first child.

Green Party politician Julie Anne Genter posted a picture on Instagram saying she had arrived at Auckland City hospital to be induced – and had travelled by bicycle.

“Beautiful Sunday morning for a bike ride, to the hospital, for an induction to finally have this baby. This is it, wish us luck!

"My partner and I cycled because there wasn't enough room in the car for the support crew," she wrote.

"But it also put me in the best possible mood."

Genter, who was 42-weeks pregnant, said the ride was mostly downhill.

Imagine telling your "better half" that she has to ride to the hospital to give birth ... :eek:

TRENDING THREADS