• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Oakley lense colour

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking at getting some new glasses. I've done a hunt online but can't determine who is riding with what lense between Oakley's G26 and Green Iridium options.

In particular I'm trying to find out which one O'Grady is wearing in the following picture (he's worn the same in this years TdF early on as well)....
http://images.theage.com.au/ftage/ffximage/2009/11/10/stuart_ogrady2_narrowweb__300x409,0.jpg

Also if anyone has used the G26 or Green Iridium lenses and has any opinions I am interested to read your thoughts.

cheers

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Green Oakley lenses

The lens you are looking for is Jade iridium. It came out in the Radar for the tour last year and you can now get it in the Jawbone and the Flak Jacket as well. It's my favorite lens right now but it is fairly dark. Which is great for full sun. The G26 is a shooting specific lens and should be avoided for all other activities. The other green option would be G30 which is a light rose lens with a light green flash on it. Great lens for low light conditions. I hope that helps...

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the useful info.
Looks like I'll be buying Green Iridium then! :)
Strange that it looks so different in various photos of the pro riders who seem to wear it then (Cavendish, Hushovd, Rogers, O'Grady I think are all wearing this lens at the moment).