• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official "another interesting piece I found on Floyd Landis" Thread

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
If you have stumbled upon...

-an interesting link for news/opinions/videos/blog-posts about Floyd Landis
OR
-a comment by the good man himself that doesn't really add anything new to the overall picture

...and you want to share it with the Clinic, this is the place to do it.

However. if it triggers a genuinely mayor new development - use your head - it might be appropriate to start a new thread. In doubt, then it goes here for sure.

This should become the place to check for new snippets in the vast majority of cases. Bitty issues that might interest some, but are swamping the Clinic if each would get a new thread.

If it is a topic you want to discuss, rather than a news story or opinion piece by an insider/reporter/blogger/etc, do a search first. The chances that there is an existing thread that covers the topic close enough are huge. If it exists, use that thread.

Don't hesitate to start a new thread if the post merits it. But think before you post, please.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, looks like Floyd is a fan of some forum posters - from Twitter

@GreyManrod Friday breakfast at the Madonna Inn in SLO, 7:30 am still on? I'm buying waffles for all. Flicker and Polish might make it.

@weezercat if Flicker and Polish are there I'm in!

@ricktillery @weezercat I can always hang with a genuine smartass. Even if I disagree on some things.

Although it should make him too cocky having such a high-profile fan base, I'm glad to see confirmation that Floyd is reading along here.
Since he seems to have plenty of time on his hands, he should be taking advantage of any interesting angles offered by some of the excellent posters here.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I believe that his Rodship needs a bit of coaching in his interviewing.
Hopefully, before we meet at Casa Maddona Inn we can interview, coach,
Grey ManRod during a cycling excursion here in Pebble Beach Wednesday.
Here is an example of good interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktK9xJoOFeM

If anyone can contact Grey ManRod and give him the message and PM me it would be appreciated.
Also we could see the start in Seaside.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Leggo my Eggo

I first met Floyd outside the Phonak Team RV as he warmed-up in preparation to race (and win) the San Jose ITT at the 2006 Tour of California.

We exchanged pleasantries and he autographed a Phonak cap for my eight year old. Floyd was very nice. Very polite. She wore that cap all around the house that spring and throughout the 2006 TdF. She actually paid attention to the Tour that year as we watched on OLN. That was an EPIC TdF! Good memories for sure. I put the cap away afterwords as a momento.

Anyway, I mentioned jokenly to my daughter that I will meet Floyd again for a waffle breakfast later this week. She laughed, as Waffles are a staple for breakfast in the Polish household. So later this week as me and my kid eat our waffles, we will toast Floyd and remember our fond memories together.

photo-60-2.jpg

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
I first met Floyd outside the Phonak Team RV as he warmed-up in preparation to race (and win) the San Jose ITT at the 2006 Tour of California.

We exchanged pleasantries and he autographed a Phonak cap for my eight year old. Floyd was very nice. Very polite. She wore that cap all around the house that spring and throughout the 2006 TdF. She actually paid attention to the Tour that year as we watched on OLN. That was an EPIC TdF! Good memories for sure. I put the cap away afterwords as a momento.

Anyway, I mentioned jokenly to my daughter that I will meet Floyd again for a waffle breakfast later this week. She laughed, as Waffles are a staple for breakfast in the Polish household. So later this week as me and my kid eat our waffles, we will toast Floyd and remember our fond memories together.

photo-60-2.jpg

Makes sense - you do waffle a lot.

5bpooh.jpg

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Since the party thread was closed.....what about the party ?
Any date ?
Will Floyd eat more waffles than Polish and flicker together ?
Will there be an espresso and waffles competition ?
Will Lance join the party and competition ?

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
I read about this a week ago in the mainstream press. Same deal for Arnie Baker.

I wonder if a US physician's licence can be affected if he is considered a convict in a foreign nation. Hmm.
He is semi retired anyway so I don't think that a trail that he never showed up at will effect him.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
fatandfast said:
is Landis responsible for anything financial toward his French conviction?

It's a joke of a conviction. Hmm, they charge you with a crime, you never answer the charges, they convict you and then hand you a sentence appropriate only for someone who's actually been cooperative.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
It's a joke of a conviction. Hmm, they charge you with a crime, you never answer the charges, they convict you and then hand you a sentence appropriate only for someone who's actually been cooperative.

dude you left out that the charges where brought in another country 9140.65 kilometers away from Mission Hills

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
The downside for Floyd is that in many countries he will not be permitted to enter having a criminal conviction.

Easy to flout, just tick "no" to the question, but if found out through your standing you can be arrested, sentenced then deported.

I don't see what a conviction of FLandis can be based on. He was tried in absentia. There is no evidence that he had anything to do with hacking the lab. There is some evidence that his coach was involved. That evidence amounts to the hacker being hired by an English speaker and stolen documents being traced back to Baker. The info about a virus being traced to Baker does not make a lot of sense. Even acceeding that Baker is responsible, it is a giant leap to find that Landis was involved. Is Landis criminally responsible for the actions of everyone who helped in his defense?

TRENDING THREADS