• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread: Stage 19 Bourgoin-Jallieu - Aubenas

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Sylvain Chavanel - hungry
David Moncoutie - hungry
Stijn Devolder - coming back into form. That climb at the end suits him and suits his ability to break away from the break.

Who else is motivated here?

Pierre Rolland wants top 20 so he needs to go in the break today to try and get it!

I would usually expect the break to survive but I hope Rabobank will chase to give Oscar Freire a shot at the stage win, given that he doesn't have the dash to win in Paris. Otherwise, Rabo will have got basically nothing out of the Tour.

Other than him, Kirchen maybe (another guy who has had a generally disappointing Tour). At 34th on GC and 42:34 from the lead no one would object to him getting in a breakaway.

Moncoutie is hungry I agree, he seems to have missed every break and will be looking to finish off the tour strongly.
Casar is an interesting one, he is getting himself in the breaks but not able to get over the line as yet.
Anyone else for a break to gain something from the tour?
Juan Antonia Flecha perhaps?
Thoughts..?

TRENDING THREADS