• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread TdF Stage 14 Colmar - Besançon - 199 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
personal insults

You can't insult members of this forum, or you are going to get a warning buddy, so keep your cool :cool:

Don't know why I bother to post this, but this forum is full of personal insults. Memebers ***** and attack each and push each other into railings as if their profound statements are worth green..usualy I just read.
But the monitors let so much of this nastiness fly that the forum bullies here get to bash members at will.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
That it is. In fact, it is sad that the most talked about things in this tour have been soap opera crap. The Uniballer likes the drama, so he for sure is loving handing out quotes and tweets like water.
FWIW... Calling Lance the "Uniballer" does not lessen the soap-opera-ness, in fact likely has the opposite effect within these forum walls.

A

Anonymous

hfer07 said:
and the critics out there call "paranoia" the fact that AC simply don't trust LA at all....

talking of AC where is he.. seems to have been hanging around at the back of the pelaton for the last two days with no freinds.. has everyone stopped talking to him..?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Awww, but fwizzlefwy and other fake fans with their crush on Armstrong want to watch a soap opera. This is like reality TV come to life for them. They get off when the camera pans over the peloton and they spot Armstrong. When Armstrong tweets they can imagine he is personally messaging them. A number of these sad cases probably have a Ken and Barbie set with a homemade Astana uniform for Ken that they play with while watching Versus.
That is uncalled for.

A

Anonymous

benpounder said:
FWIW... Calling Lance the "Uniballer" does not lessen the soap-opera-ness, in fact likely has the opposite effect within these forum walls.

I've been calling him that for years. (ok, months) Its kind of a term of endearment...and its funny. I am pretty sure that soap operas don't name their characters inappropriate names pertaining to a disease the character had, assholes do that.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Padeiro said:
I don't expect every single new face to become hooked on cycling, but there are people who would never have been interested in cycling before that are watching the race now. To them, it might not be as boring as it is to you because honestly, i doubt they know/care much about strategy at this point. To most of them, it's still very much about personalities (or one personality, LA). But even if 10% of the newbies take it up, that is great for cycling in the US.
So true. A woman I work with is following the Tour, and she does not even cycle. More importantly, she has picked up on some of the subtlies of the sport (bad news is she is picking up the biases of Verses as well). But at least I have the opportunity to correct her (impart my biases) for she understands the lexicon, and has more than a passing interest.

She was surprised when I told her that both Lance Armstrong and Cadel Evans where here for a mtn bike stage race earlier this decade. I suspect she would know, and actively support, such a race in the future.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I've been calling him that for years. (ok, months) Its kind of a term of endearment...and its funny. I am pretty sure that soap operas don't name their characters inappropriate names pertaining to a disease the character had, assholes do that.
I suspect many will miss that last bit.:)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

Lol that Uniballer had more women and of a higher class than you'll ever have! So the joke's on you dickwash:p

A

Anonymous

Belokki said:
Lol that Uniballer had more women and of a higher class than you'll ever have! So the joke's on you dickwash:p

When really, what he wants is to do his mother. Sick man that Uniballer. That and you are now suggesting that my wife is not a woman of class when you are obviously not a woman of class yourself. See, you don't get to judge skank.

images

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
We are never going back to those days, just as we don't have to worry about wars being fought with sticks and stones. This new fangled invention called the Internet will prevent that.

Post #1 here. I have been watching the "tour" for about 25 years now. The thing that drew me in was that despite being a team sport......there was combat between team members and alliance between non-team members. Big George Hincapie did not need to get yellow.....he needed only to move ahead of AC. Those of you "bored" with this tour need to wake the hell up because you are missing a great race.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Belokki said:
That was uncalled for as well.

Listen folks, be at loggerheads regarding the race, but dial back the personal crap.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
There is another thing that has just been mentioned amongst the hoopla over today's stage.

Only Ivanov showed the desire to win. Everyone else, everyone else seemed more concerned with who followed them on their respective mini-breaks. This more than any other aspect of cycling drives me nuts.

If you want to win, you have to commit to win. You can not be concerned that your effort to win may enable someone else to win. For if you do not commit to win, you will never win.

Irrespective of my desire to see George once again in yellow, and all the baseless allegations, he rode like a patsy in those last kms.

Polka Dot Punter said:
Garmin hate Columbia...they find them arrogant and saw a chance to get retribution and did just that. And frankly, I'm amazed at how many people on here are complaining about that. Is it because Hincapie is American?

Columbia is just... well you know what will happen in couple years when the Coulumbia-high road secret will be release?????

same as the T-Mobile from few years ago.
I cannot believe them, they are unbelievable as a team (of course they have some talents as cav, boasson, toni martin... but the whole tema smells just... uhmmm... ****!

Everybody who knows about cycling suspects that: Pinotti, Albasini, Kirchem, siutsou etc

Bob, better you go to clean your team before the fists cases arrive!

something wrong with Garmin tactics?

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Didn't appear to me that GH missed too many pulls - could be why he didn't ride up to the expectations of those watching the highlights of the last 5km.

Looks like the typical Columbia leadout was intentially slower and Cav thought he needed the extra point worse than he did.

Also didn't see Astana cutting into the lead so much during their pacemaking, although I'd like to blame LA for Big George not getting yellow, the demise of cycling, and global warming.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
lafleche said:
I'd like to blame LA for Big George not getting yellow, the demise of cycling, and global warming.

Amen! Forget about his bio passport, let's talk about carbon footprints! Although, I believe Dr. Coyle has a new study that concludes LA's **** don't stink

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Kennf1 said:
Gotta laugh at Stapleton's comments. Saying, basically, he will have a talk with Vaughters at the appropriate time, or better yet, he will talk to Vaughter's boss.

Tell you what Bob, talk to Vaughter's dad! That'll really show him.

That ought to scare him. I know I'm trembling with fear. ;)

TRENDING THREADS