• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread TdF Stage 18 Annency-Annency 40.5 km ITT

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
hoolaparara said:
I would have thought that 2.5 minutes for Frank Schleck with all bar andy and contador in would have been considered good for him.

Yeah, I don't know what Paul and Phil are talking about. I can't be bothered to look it up, but didn't he lose like 5 minutes last year? Sure it was longer...but still.

And also, I'm not sure if Lance can be TOO pleased with his result. He only gained like 15 seconds on Andy Schleck.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Good to see yet another prediction of fantastic performance from a team mate comes true... According to one of the P's David Millar reckon Wiggins was going to romp it in..and even Millar beat him!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Andy around 14 seconds behind Lance? Again, interesting...

Contador beating Spartacus in a TT...that is even more interesting...

That is downright mind blowing, is what it is. AC rode like a true champion. Deep respect for a result no one thought possible.

Fantastic ride by Andy in the circumstances, very disappointing ride by LA. The differences are so small though that we should get plenty of excitement for places 3-7 over the coming days.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
1. CONTADOR Alberto 21 ASTANA 73h 15' 39"
2. SCHLECK Andy 31 TEAM SAXO BANK 73h 19' 50" + 04' 11"
3. ARMSTRONG Lance 22 ASTANA 73h 21' 04" + 05' 25"
4. WIGGINS Bradley 58 GARMIN - SLIPSTREAM 73h 21' 15" + 05' 36"
5. KLÖDEN Andréas 23 ASTANA 73h 21' 17" + 05' 38"
6. SCHLECK Frank 36 TEAM SAXO BANK 73h 21' 38" + 05' 59"

Interesting the difference between 3/4/5/6... If Schlequeattacque set up a 1-2 on the Ventoux, he (F.) could take third.... 34s only

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Good win for Conti, he deserves the yellow:cool:( get ready fo a Lance like domination for the next few years people)

And Lance is a real legend! He will be on the podium after 3 years of retirement and at the age of 38:eek:, best Tour in a long time:rolleyes:

Amsterhammer said:
That is downright mind blowing, is what it is. AC rode like a true champion. Deep respect for a result no one thought possible.

Fantastic ride by Andy in the circumstances, very disappointing ride by LA. The differences are so small though that we should get plenty of excitement for places 3-7 over the coming days.

Funny, Spartacus beat him on Stage 1 and he returned the favor on Stage 18.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't get it, look at last years ITT ( the last one )
and look at this, and see what andy and frank did on both ...
well I guess it's because of the podium position ;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Belokki said:
Good win for Conti, he deserves the yellow:cool:( get ready fo a Lance like domination for the next few years people)

And Lance is a real legend! He will be on the podium after 3 years of retirement and at the age of 38:eek:, best Tour in a long time:rolleyes:

I bet Riis will want to change that on the Ventoux and steal away third.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Belokki said:

Not so sure about that podium....

TRENDING THREADS