• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Open letter to Froome

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

samhocking said:
Fools compared to WADA experts, yes. Nobody has the facts, so to pretend to know what is actually happening is foolish, that's all I mean by internet noise.
Of course, nobody has all the facts but we have a lot of them. You don't know who are the people writing here.
You and your kind are probably an ignorant of doping, or more likely a fan of Sky, and you use the same tactics, words,... than Armstrong's fans.

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
Re:

samhocking said:
So non-British riders don't want to win Tour de France with Sky then? They don't want to be made GT winners at 25-30, they want to earn money for their family as domestiques for British riders with less talent instead? If that's the case, then what is the problem, you've just explained non-British riders in Sky don't want to win Tour de France, they just want Sky's money. That is not anything Sky is doing, it's decided by the non-British riders clearly!

It is patently obvious that Sky spends its money on acquiring the best possible doms, British or otherwise, but reserves its A-grade gear for its hand-picked British riders only (although Froome initially 'picked' himself). If Sky gave a genuine beast like Kwiatkowski the same program as Thomas he would waste him.

But clearly the Pole, like the others, is happy to pocket the big money and play his role, while being given a largely free-hand in the classics that are his true love. Obviously Sky are not just deliberately and callously holding him back - the arrangement works for both parties. The point isn't that Sky is disadvantaging non-British riders, but that, so far at least, they are only picking Brits to give the full treatment as their chosen GT contenders.

There's nothing inherently wrong with this - as a British team's it's their prerogative to do so (indeed as an Aussie, I wish Mitchelton-Scott would do more to support Aussie riders). But to pretend that they're not is untenable.

Re:

GraftPunk said:
I wonder how much research teams do on public opinion on forums like this? Despite their sometimes bad clinical decisions, they surely must be savvy enough to occasionally take the temperature of enthusiasts if only for PR value.
And what would they find were they to look in here? Practically no one, on either side of the fence, being bothered to engage with the content of the letter. A lot of people perplexed by the notion of the letter. A lot of anger expressed at those people. And a whole world of Clinic-brand navel gazing. All of which renders the open letter rather meaningless.

Re:

samhocking said:
I think you're missing the point, many, myself included primarily come here for the entertainment value for how absurd the conversations are. As I said it's just internet noise, it's not important on any constructive basis.

...I take it this includes your side of the dialogue also since you do spend a significant amount of time here and in the comment section of cn articles/reports?

fmk_RoI said:
GraftPunk said:
I wonder how much research teams do on public opinion on forums like this? Despite their sometimes bad clinical decisions, they surely must be savvy enough to occasionally take the temperature of enthusiasts if only for PR value.
And what would they find were they to look in here? Practically no one, on either side of the fence, being bothered to engage with the content of the letter. A lot of people perplexed by the notion of the letter. A lot of anger expressed at those people. And a whole world of Clinic-brand navel gazing. All of which renders the open letter rather meaningless.

Therein lies the rub. The letter moves no-one from one side of the fence to the other. Everything that gets posted in the Clinic is in terms of what happens in the real world of cycling, meaningless. It sure is fun though!

I'm a Sky fan and know that they likely dope but do I care? Not really because pro-cycling is what it is. Just like athletics, tennis, rugby; basically, any sport. There never will be a clean era of cycling because omerta will never go away.

The Hitch said:
samhocking said:
I don't think I've ever said this before today? I'm not here in any capacity other than to be entertained and debate with like-minded fools. I leave anti-doping up to the experts thanks,
Who by the way all tend to say cycling is still doped.

But feel free to keep coming in here and pat yourself on the back about how superior you are
His 'experts' are people like Walsh and co.

Is it really possible to lose several kg in a few weeks, without any loss of power?

Yes, I can do it and I do it all the time leading up to races.

I hate maintaining a low weight all the time because I do enjoy my snacks and chocolate but two weeks before a race I do monitor what I eat (cut out all snacks and alcohol), I try to get enough sleep for recovery after training and I can drop from 66/67kg to 62/63kg without any noticeable change in power.

My wife truly hates me for the ease in which I can put on and lose weight in a short time.

Re:

Savant12 said:

I hate maintaining a low weight all the time because I do enjoy my snacks and chocolate but two weeks before a race I do monitor what I eat (cut out all snacks and alcohol), I try to get enough sleep for recovery after training and I can drop from 66/67kg to 62/63kg without any noticeable change in power.

My wife truly hates me for the ease in which I can put on and lose weight in a short time.
Unless you're at the very least an extremely dedicated amateur/semi-pro at the very limit of your physiological capabilities and with a body fat percentage below 8% this is pretty much completely irrelevant.

We're talking about elite athletes at the very top of their sport here. They have very little to nothing left to gain in terms of power and endurance or lose in terms of weight without having to compromise in other areas.

Saint Unix said:
rick james said:
aye I'm, the one writing open letters to cyclist...sad state of affairs
You're the one who's either wasting your own time reading and replying to posts by, in your own words, "crazy, self-important bullsh*tters", wasting everyone else's time by filling the forum with snide remarks of no substance or both.

In any case, you have to ask yourself... What's the point? What do you get out of spending your days on this board? You don't seem to understand the discussion, you don't seem to even want to understand the discussion and you definitely don't contribute to the discussion. Sad state of affairs indeed.
I don't spend my days on here, I pop in now and again for shits and giggles, unlike some people I have a life I'd love to be a faceless internet warrior but sadly really life takes over for me

Saint Unix said:
Savant12 said:

Unless you're at the very least an extremely dedicated amateur/semi-pro at the very limit of your physiological capabilities and with a body fat percentage below 8% this is pretty much completely irrelevant.

We're talking about elite athletes at the very top of their sport here. They have very little to nothing left to gain in terms of power and endurance or lose in terms of weight without having to compromise in other areas.

I thought the weight loss discussion surrounding Froome was him going from "Barloworld Froome" to "Team Sky GC leader Froome"? Looking at him from his Barloworld and early Team Sky days then he did look chunkier compared to how he is now.

Re:

argel said:
Trying to work out whose sense of self-importance is bigger, Froome's or the OP's.

That's not really fair. Merckx is an idealist in his approach to cycling. The post Merckx made is entirely consistent with that. There's room for all points of view in pro cycling. All the way from fans of organized crime to noble idealists.

rick james said:
Saint Unix said:
rick james said:
You're the one who's either wasting your own time reading and replying to posts by, in your own words, "crazy, self-important bullsh*tters", wasting everyone else's time by filling the forum with snide remarks of no substance or both.

In any case, you have to ask yourself... What's the point? What do you get out of spending your days on this board? You don't seem to understand the discussion, you don't seem to even want to understand the discussion and you definitely don't contribute to the discussion. Sad state of affairs indeed.
I don't spend my days on here, I pop in now and again for shits and giggles, unlike some people I have a life I'd love to be a faceless internet warrior but sadly really life takes over for me
Yet you average nearly 3 posts a day :confused:

rick james said:
Saint Unix said:
rick james said:

And again. No response other than personal insults.

Ps it can't really be true either. Or you wouldn't take accusations against someone you never met so personally.

42x16ss said:
rick james said:
Saint Unix said:
rick james said:

I know, hardly nothing

samhocking said:
The Hitch said:
samhocking said:
The Hitch said:
samhocking said:
I don't think I've ever said this before today? I'm not here in any capacity other than to be entertained and debate with like-minded fools. I leave anti-doping up to the experts thanks,
Who by the way all tend to say cycling is still doped.

But feel free to keep coming in here and pat yourself on the back about how superior you are

Primarily arguments are based on the pretext you believe someone is doping and someone else believes they are not, or you like a team/rider or don''t like a team/rider, otherwise this is simply an echo chamber of fools patting each other on the back, yes.

So most people in here are fools you think? Pretty much sums up what weve been saying all along that you guys have no arguments, simply attack anyone guilty of thought crime.

The sjws of cycling

Fools compared to WADA experts, yes. Nobody has the facts, so to pretend to know what is actually happening is foolish, that's all I mean by internet noise.

Ah, so now you are backtracking. You didn't say anything about Wada, just dismissed this place as "an echo chamber of fools".

But to argue the point, (since that's what my side do), you do realize there are anti doping experts outside just those who test at Wada. For example Michael Ashenden.

Google him and tell me he is not an anti doping expert. Cos he said cycling is still dirty and basically called out Sky. :cool:

Or what about *** Pound the former Head of Wada. Not an anti doping expert when he says cycling is still doped? What about John Hoberman who has also called into doubt cycling's "we are now clean" story. What about

Though please keep arguing that thinking there is doping in cycling is just the passtime of uninformed fools.

Re:

rick james said:
take nothing personally on here, its a forum, its a place for giggles, the self importance gang are the one who take things personally
Yes, you are so special and great and everyone else is flawed.

Except why then did a simple post on the internet by Merckx index cause you to lose your *** and make 3 personal insults at him in 5 minutes? :eek:

Seems to me that all you guys saying "we just come here to laugh at the rest of you" are self deceiving yourselves

Hitch, You're moving on into areas I've not even talked about. I don't see Pound, Hoberman and Ashenden posting in this thread or being discussed whatsoever! It was pretty obvious when I said 'leave it to anti-doping experts' I meant those who actually have the power to decide anti-doping cases like Froomes and who's decision, MI has beef with. I don't view anyone in the clinic as an anti-doping expert, because quite frankly, anti-doping experts from the real world don't really post in the clinic do they.

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site

rick james said:
42x16ss said:
rick james said:
Saint Unix said:
rick james said:

I know, hardly nothing

Well yes, that's the point. It is hardly nothing. Quite a bit actually!

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site

samhocking said:
Hitch, You're moving on into areas I've not even talked about. I don't see Pound, Hoberman and Ashenden posting in this thread or being discussed whatsoever! It was pretty obvious when I said 'leave it to anti-doping experts' I meant those who actually have the power to decide anti-doping cases like Froomes and who's decision, MI has beef with. I don't view anyone in the clinic as an anti-doping expert, because quite frankly, anti-doping experts from the real world don't really post in the clinic do they.
Probably you ignore that to avoid corruption transparence is needed, that is a requierement. Until the Froome's case has been published, especially when there is a will not to do so, we cannot take for value their decision.
We have seen for Armstrong, Landis, and many orhers, that that kind of forum were excellent to debunk their lies. Why should we dismiss the value of such forums? Do you believe in Democracy? Or are you someone accepting soumission? Or here to avoid the inconvenient truth about Sky?

Status
Not open for further replies.