• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Out-design the designers

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I was looking through the topic about the team jerseys, and read the comments on the jerseys. And well, I had to agree with most of the criticism you guys had. So I started wondering what I would make if I had a cycling team, and came up with this:

presentatie1.jpg

Though my powerpoint skills are pretty bad, you get the idea. An alternative, first designed as the national jersey for the Netherlands, though I actually like it better than the original kit:

70633449.jpg

So I was wondering what you guys would come up with. See if you can make a better design than the designers who made those terrible jerseys in the other thread ;)

Don't know if this is the right forum for this btw, if not, can a mod please move this to wherever it belongs? Thanks :)

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Not that I know much about this stuff but aren't there some rules that the colours of the kit must mirror the colours of the (main)sponsors logo?

In that case ONCE must be yellow all year but pink in the month of July

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Well, in that particular case I suppose it's because of the a team with yellow jerseys in TDF, not a very good idea

correct.No such rule then.Sky road the tour of Britain with a Green band instead of a Blue one.

A

Anonymous

simo1733 said:
correct.No such rule then.Sky road the tour of Britain with a Green band instead of a Blue one.

The colours can be what you like, but obviously you must have an alternative kit such as ONCE did if your kit matches a race leaders jersey.

You are also allowed 1 change of kit per year which sky did with the rainforest resque kit.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
The colours can be what you like, but obviously you must have an alternative kit such as ONCE did if your kit matches a race leaders jersey.

You are also allowed 1 change of kit per year which sky did with the rainforest resque kit.

Good answer.Now tell me did Sky use a lighter coloured kit during the tour or did it just look that way because it was a different material?