• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I am am very interested in following the Paris-Nice for the first few stages of the race before I have to get back to London. I was just curious what is the easiest way to follow the race Amilly or the end of stage 3.

I have never been to a major bike race before so any help would be appreciated.

What do you mean by 'easiest'? I've only ever been to the Tour (twice, seven stages total), but I found it quite easy to follow if you planned well in advance. I've seen a flat stage, a time trial and several mountain stages, and by far the mountain stages were the best for live viewership. If that's not an option (you said you were leaving early on), it's mostly gonna be 200 guys gliding past so I'd try to see a sprint finish, which would probably be pretty exciting. Or that cat 2 climb near the end of stage 3 looks like it'd be alright, the place to see some attacks.

You should probably go to whatever's closest to where you'll be anyway. If you have a bike it makes getting around easier once the roads are closed to cars. Although Paris-Nice in March is probably not as busy as the Tour in July.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
You'll have to know the parcours, and then you'll have to know the area a little bit.

I have gone to watch the Tour de Luxembourg many times, and they always release the exact parcours of every stage, with all the roads and villages they will go through and approximate times.

I will go see the ITT around Aix-en-Provence during this year's Paris-Nice, but I don't know where yet cause I don't know which roads they're gonna go on. Once they release that I'll go scope out a good spot.

I personally like start and finish zones a lot!