• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris Roubaix (Carrefour de l'Arbre) -Looking for parties!

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

My friend and me are heading out to watch Paris Roubaix at Carrefour de l’Arbres this April 7th. If anyone knows the scene there I was wondering about the following things:

1 – What time would you need to get to Gruson (driving) and get parked up and walk into the sector and find a spot?

2- Does anyone know the story with the beer tents this year?:D

3- Do people gather in Gruson on the Saturday the night before or is there anywhere nearby where there’s a good party atmosphere that night?

4- Do people hang about after the race has passed through and stay on in the area that night or do things pretty much clear out and everyone heads home? We’re not flying home until Monday so would be up for a bit of crack on the Sunday night too.

5- Maybe it’s worth hitting into Roubaix itself?

I’d appreciate if anyone has any info whatsoever on any of those questions above, it’s tricky trying to find it out online. The only other experience I have of a big race was Alpe d’Huez in July 2011 which was pretty wild around those days leading up it and after.

Thanks for reading - Padraig