• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Roubaix photography

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Echoes said:
wiggins5.jpg

eff the water. Get me a cheeseburger!!

elapid said:
I just had to put in Robbie McEwen, being an Aussie and also being as surprised as hell to see him racing Paris-Roubaix. Maybe I should have checked the start list!

He didn't intend to make it. He had planned to spend the weekend with the family on the coast but learn just one day before the Schelde Prijs that he should make Paris Roubaix because the team car would have had a better number if he was in. That's how you finish your first Paris-Roubaix at age 37. ;)

elapid said:

Niki, so unlucky. :(

elapid said:
I just had to put in Robbie McEwen, being an Aussie and also being as surprised as hell to see him racing Paris-Roubaix. Maybe I should have checked the start list!
I was surprised too - mostly as he nearly ran me over on his way to the start. Several of the team buses didn't make it into the start compound and the riders were coming down the road from the general car park...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes. I admit I was very lucky and I would highly recommend it to anyone contemplating the double next year. Both races are a great experience, very different in ways, and I still walk away from both events in awe of the riders.

I was invited to give some talks at a conference in Birmingham and then I realized the Tour of Flanders was on the Sunday before the conference and Paris-Roubaix the Sunday afterwards. I quickly accepted the invite!

Thanks screaming fist for pointing out my mistake!