• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pellizotti not tested since august

A

Anonymous

Article regarding pellizotti wanting to return for the tour de france..
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/4...Results+|+VeloNation.com)&utm_content=Twitter

“He told me that there has been no similar case before me, and he warned that he’s waiting for the expert assessments of the anti-doping hearing to follow my explanations. He added that it seems strange, given that the biological passport is a tool created to monitor riders, that I hadn’t been tested since last August.”

A

Anonymous

Cobblestones said:
Sounds strange. Don't know what to make of it.

I find it hard to beleive they can make a biopassport ban stick if they have no figures since august.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Anyone find it ironic that while some riders like to claim to be the 'most tested athlete', Pellizotti essentially claims to be the least tested one?

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
riobonito92 said:
Because maybe they are afraid that more data would weaken the case.

If this is the case this could well ensure a problem for the Bio-pass. If more tests would weaken a case based on it, how can it be taken serious

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Given how much Pellizotti has lied already, I couldn't care less what he says anymore.

He's using the classic tactic: State lies as matter-of-fact. The facts then get so muddled up that a lot of people end up believing some of them.
The same way a lot of Landis fans still think he only tested positive on a single stage.

"Repeat a lie enough times and it becomes the truth"

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Hasn't the number 22 been mentioned for the amount of values in his biological passport? I always thought it was suspiciously low for someone who had done well in the Giro and Tour and then been targetted for OOC testing...

issoisso said:
He's using the classic tactic: State lies as matter-of-fact. The facts then get so muddled up that a lot of people end up believing some of them.
The same way a lot of Landis fans still think he only tested positive on a single stage.

Totaly agree with that. Happens all the time. If you cant make your case in a 10 second soundbite people wont listen to you. So if your in the wrong, try to muddle it up like you said.

issoisso said:
Given how much Pellizotti has lied already, I couldn't care less what he says anymore.

Sorry, i havent been paying much attention to franco at all, so would like to ask, what he has been lying about?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
nothing is strange in pro cycling anymore especially if it comes out of suspect cyclists mouths or the uci...

just listen to anything Paddy McQuack says....

suspect bio passport, so stop testing the guy, give him a holiday to keep 'training', sounds very uci to me....:rolleyes:

ah well the big circus is starting on july 3rd so we'll have something to distract us:p

Or maybe he hasn't been tested since August because he's done whatever he could in order not to be tested?

As far as I know, strictly speaking, there are only obliged to be available 1 hr every day, so maybe he's been good at being unavailable at other times and been lucky enough to not be approached within that one hour?

Or maybe there is just something fundamentally wrong with the whole setup. Agree that IF he was so suspect, he would have been targeted for further testing - at least that's what they claim they do when finding suspicious profiles...

A

Anonymous

JPM London said:
Or maybe he hasn't been tested since August because he's done whatever he could in order not to be tested?

As far as I know, strictly speaking, there are only obliged to be available 1 hr every day, so maybe he's been good at being unavailable at other times and been lucky enough to not be approached within that one hour?.

They could have tested him at races.

We'll see if anyone else verifies that he hasnt been tested since August. However, if his suspect value(s) are a long way out of line then it may be irrelevant. Ok, so there was a long time period between the pre-tour test and the revealing that he was suspended (10 months) but de Bonis had about a year between dodgy test in 2008 and ban in 2009.

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider_palm.asp?riderid=5201&year=2008&all=1&current=0

I suppose it takes a long time for it to go through all the relevant authorities but one difference is that de Bonis' last race was at the time of testing, suggesting the team knew fairly quickly that he was in trouble. Pellizotti did race at the start of this season, even after he had received notice that he had one month to prove his case. We'll see what comes of it:)

The Hitch said:
Sorry, i havent been paying much attention to franco at all, so would like to ask, what he has been lying about?

I would like to hear this as well.

It would not surprise me at all if he was not tested in that time period. Basso was not tested at all during a stretch of about three months of what would have been his critical training period for his return to the Giro. That told me that the UCI is not interested in building a longitudinal profile of the riders.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Where is this information posted?

How are you guys looking this up? Can you go to a page on the UCi site and see what tests have been done on what riders?

Nik

A

Anonymous

oldschoolnik said:
How are you guys looking this up? Can you go to a page on the UCi site and see what tests have been done on what riders?

Nik

Pellizotti's claim to have not been tested was in the original article. Dont know about basso, probably a long lost press report or interview somewhere.

TRENDING THREADS