• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Petition: Froome to attack Wiggins! Save the most boring Tour ever

Should Froome ATTACK Wiggins and save this boring Tour?

• NO - maybe it's boring but Wiggins is the deserved WINNER of this snoozefest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
YES this really IS the most boring Tour ever...

So... why sit there complaining why not do something about it

This poll is hopefully gonna be a petition in support of Froome attacking Wiggins and trying to take the Tour for himself... and for cycling fans who wanna see REAL RACING

If we get enough votes maybe he'll get enough support to crack on and do this cos it needs to be done for the sake of cycling fans the world over

Also it's been done before, just remember the 2009 TdF when Lance thought he had Alberto tucked away in his back pocket.....

Froome just needs some support to do the same I reckon.... let's face it he won't be in "Team Sky" next year anyways, so what's he got to lose really!!

Go Froome/Gollum. Stick it to the super arrogant Team Sky on the Tourmalet.

Vote FROOME TO ATTACK

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
He probably will be racing for Team Sky next year but they will forgive him if he does in fact win the Tour and of course Wiggins would look stupid standing up to a rider who just won the Tour... so I say why not?

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
We can't have this! If Froome attacks, the team splits on their leader. Then Cav (THE World Champion...if P&P hadn't reminded you enough) will raise his head and say, "Hey, I'm the World Champ...support me! Ride for ME!" This leads to total chaos...Sky implodes...Nibali wins just by finishing. :D

Yup, I voted for Froome to attack!:p

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Nibali needs to take at least 5 minutes out of Wiggins in 2 stages and hasn't been able to take a single second out of him so far. I can't see how Froome racing for himself can hurt Wiggins chances of beating everyone else now. Let them race.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
That's just silly. Wiggo will be the defending champ, he'll have the lead.

Wiggins said today:"Froome will one day win TDF and I'll be there to support him. I don't know when it'll be. We'll think of that later"

Interpret that as you wish, maybe next year maybe not.

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/18877975

Wiggins would support Froome in a future bid.

Froome simply isn't going to break team orders this year, he will have the lead in Spain, and probably at the tour next year.

I think he will, I think wiggins will break tomorrow and Froome will ride away and win the tour..

Besides, not doing it would be the most stupid thing he would ever do, since he wont gain another chance to win..

I would even bet with you that Froome will never win the Tour unless he does it this year ^^

It would be highly entertaining if Froome did attack Wiggins, but it's questionable if that's in his best interest. What if he attacks and still doesn't win the Tour? Or even worse, if he doesn't win and neither does Wiggins because of him? It's unwise to burn your bridges like that.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping that Nibali or even van Garderen will make a do or die attack on the Tourmalet, and get a gap that Wiggins can't close, thereby liberating Froome to go with it.

Problem is Rogers, Porte etc will pull such a move back in the valleys, because the route this year seems designed to negate all climber's attacks.

Possibly because Murdoch signed a big 'ol cheque for that and passed across the table to the ASO.

Anyway Froome may get a fair reason to get clear of Wiggins, and then it will come down to whether he obeys his radio commands or if he has 'radio problems' a la Rolland, and well, Froome :)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Apollonius said:
Wiggins will simply reel him back in if Froome attacks. I suspect he'd simply let Froome wear himself out.

Wiggins wont be able to reel him in, he will lose over 5 mins tomorrow, wait and see.. Froome wil win the tour by a large margin to the 2nd (my bet is nibali)

May 31, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
That's just silly. Wiggo will be the defending champ, he'll have the lead.

probably see who is best placed and strongest after a week and support them. remember froome can be very inconsistent and tactically inept.

Oh joy, another thread from someone inable to work out that their dislike of the result is impairing their ability to enjoy the race, and leaving them unable to have an opinion of the entertainment value which is worth anyone else giving a damn about.

I don't doubt all these people are sincere in hating it; I didn't like last years tour for large sections because of the way the results were going, but it didn't stop it being objectively pretty decent.

TRENDING THREADS