• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pettachi and mosquera whats happening??

Ive asked about Mosquera time and time again over the last 3 months and everyone keeps ignoring me apart from one post eventualy from Libertine Seguros where he pretty much said that he didnt know:rolleyes:

Well tbf he said that Mosquera was free to ride, but that might change next year.

As for Pettachi i think hes clear. Or i might be confusing him with someone else.

Mosquera is free to ride at present. With HES, they need a positive A+B and to go through some legal wrangling to secure a ban. With García it was easy enough as they detected EPO in the sample, which is what HES was supposedly being used as a masking agent for. Mosquera's sample came back negative for EPO, so it's just the HES, hence the uncertain legal position.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Amazing how Mosquera's name was paraded around as a sure-fire case, in bold letters, making headlines in some websites and attracting full-mouthed comments on the part of some here...

To those who were quick to say "I knew it!"... where are you now?

Señor_Contador said:
Amazing how Mosquera's name was paraded around as a sure-fire case, in bold letters, making headlines in some websites and attracting full-mouthed comments on the part of some here...

If Mosquera walks away scot-free it'll be due to a technicality. It's pretty obvious he's guilty.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Señor_Contador said:

It's not like Mosquera hasn't doped. Although i like the guy, but i'm sure he's doped. He returned positive to HES (which is used here as a masking agent) so there is a high chance that he took EPO. A teammate took the same substance and was positive to EPO, the probability of him being doped is like 95%

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Señor_Contador said:

I'm here senor contador
I believe mosquera will be sanctioned eventually. Patience is required. just like the criminal justice system, these cases take longer than we expect. If the system does not sanction him, I can live with that .....sort of
cheers

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Dallas_ said:
I'm here senor contador
I believe mosquera will be sanctioned eventually. Patience is required. just like the criminal justice system, these cases take longer than we expect. If the system does not sanction him, I can live with that .....sort of
cheers

"I believe" is an opinion.

If he is sanctioned, or not, is a fact.

Now, being a cyclist fan, which I presume you are, the way many like you attacked him when news of the positive broke out (and all other doping suspects) is shameless.

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Señor_Contador said:
"I believe" is an opinion.

If he is sanctioned, or not, is a fact.

Now, being a cyclist fan, which I presume you are, the way many like you attacked him when news of the positive broke out (and all other doping suspects) is shameless.

I can wear shameless

But ...the way I see it: The nanosecond your suspect has a positive A & B sample, they become a moving target. The difference in the forum is some posters throw stones and others fire machine guns.

There is an old saying: "If you cannot handle the heat, don't eat the meat"

A more interesting question would be > At the conclusion of due process, what percentage of 'suspects' are actually found innocent? Is the info out there?

cheers to Senor Contador

TRENDING THREADS