• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pinarello ROKH Impressions?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone ride a Pinarello ROKH? What kind of rides do you do on your ROKH? Can you give me your opinion on the pros and cons of the ROKH?

I am thinking of selling my Cervelo S2 - while the bike is fast and enjoyable to ride, I am not racing anymore and the bike is not as comfortable for longer rides, especially on rough roads. I am thinking the ROKH will be more the bike for my riding style.

elapid said:
Does anyone ride a Pinarello ROKH? What kind of rides do you do on your ROKH? Can you give me your opinion on the pros and cons of the ROKH?

I am thinking of selling my Cervelo S2 - while the bike is fast and enjoyable to ride, I am not racing anymore and the bike is not as comfortable for longer rides, especially on rough roads. I am thinking the ROKH will be more the bike for my riding style.

A buddy has one. He really likes it. He traded from something pretty basic, though. It is really his first "nice" bike.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
A while back I rode a tester ROKH with Pina "Most" house-brand wheels (I suspect they were rebadged Fulcrum racing 5s or 3s). Good bike, nice ride comfort, nice handling. Can't go wrong really. Some might say expensive for what it is, but price is relative to cash you have, so may or may not matter to you.

I ride Colnago (C40, C50, CX-1, C59 plus others over the years) and think they are awesome, so maybe you should check out the CLX 3.0 which I think is in the same category as the ROKH. Haven't gone down to CLX myself but would be surprised if it is not a very nice ride.

winkybiker said:
A buddy has one. He really likes it. He traded from something pretty basic, though. It is really his first "nice" bike.

I should add that the ROKH should take 25mm tyres at least (if not 28mm). This makes it an excellent choice for dirt roads. Don't let anyone tell you that you need a 'cross bike or a "gravel" bike to ride off the bitumen.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Winkybiker and Laziali. I'll definitely test ride the ROKH and also the CLX 3.0. I'm in no rush, but I'll update you once I've done a test ride and if I make the change. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS