• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

playstation network

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have a ps3? Great machine btw, but have you seen this http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/04/26/psnqriocity-service-update/ ... the network has been down since thursday, it's used to play games online and use all the features(you can buy things too).. Some git has hacked it and accessed the personal information of many of it's users and maybe the credit card details too :S....... amazing.. what swines I am quite annoyed by this, especially whoever hacked the thing... I can't play call of duty, well I can do the campaign mode but it's rubbish.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
It's called XBox 360. ;) Much better online services, even if the graphics are just marginally lacking.

I've read, and i'll try to find to find the link, that it's related to the recent Update to the OS, which allowed the console itself to be put into Debug mode (what developers use), and then that can allow people to get onto PSN and download whatever they want, and as much as they want for free. This probably leads into the exploit where hackers could see emails etc.

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Met de Versnelling said:
It's called XBox 360. ;) Much better online services, even if the graphics are just marginally lacking.

I've read, and i'll try to find to find the link, that it's related to the recent Update to the OS, which allowed the console itself to be put into Debug mode (what developers use), and then that can allow people to get onto PSN and download whatever they want, and as much as they want for free. This probably leads into the exploit where hackers could see emails etc.

So incorrect I want to cry.

Try this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-25-psn-outage-caused-by-credit-card-scam

UPDATE: It's hit the fan.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...ailure-your-personal-data-has-been-stolen.ars

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
IMO, it's a disaster. Not an online gamer, but I do miss my streaming netflix.

Also spent the some time today updating passwords. Not too worried about the credit card (I only use Amex).

Sony is really not handling this well - 6 days and counting and compromised CC #'s...Wow. What a cluster****.

I havent used playstation network in probably around 2 months and before that another 4 months back, and when I did, it was rarely. I never put any credit card details into it. The last time I tried it said I needed to download an update to use it, and I thought "screw it" and didnt.

Might my data have been stolen? if so, what type of data.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
The people that put credit card details down have the most worry about. I think they have also got to the passwords, e-mail and other info by what I've heard.

A bit out of order for Sony to stay quiet for several days after the hack if it does involve personal details getting taken.

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I also have heard that email addresses and the PSN passwords, along with any stored CC#'s, have been compromised.

If you use that same password on any other site logins that also use your email address as the userID, then I would change that password immediately.

As far as credit cards go...depends on which card as to whether or not you will have any problems with rogue charges. Most are pretty easy to dispute...but if it is a debit card...ouch.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I took my money out of my bank account of the card that is registered, although they said there was no evidence that the card information had been stolen, so hopefully it hasn't, but I put it in another account and I will go and see the bank tomorrow just incase.

TRENDING THREADS