• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Please join me in thanking the great, late Aldo Sassi, Mentor to Cadel

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Mentors come in many forms, sometimes the most unlikely characters form strong bonds, such as Sassi and Evans.

We owe Aldo a lot. He was the one man who was able to get into Cadels head in a meaningful way. Its not the time or place to speculate on exactly why Evans and Sassi clicked, although I have my suspicions as to why.

Whilst we all celebtrate this great triumph for 12 months and Statues are considered, lets not forget Aldo, sitting up there on a cloud, drinking Vino with Mockridge and Oppy and smiling down on Cadel.
bettiniphoto_0058304_1_full_600.jpg

"When I wake up in the morning and look at the sun, I see a light I hadn't seen before". Aldo Sassi 2010

TRENDING THREADS