• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Police report reveals steroid use in Belgium

Don't know about Belgium at all but I am sure they can get what they want anywhere in the world. It is most likely supplied to the kids by trainers etc who are the ones with the connections. They are the ones that need to be hung from the highest effing tree.
I find it all very sad. Kids risking their health and sometimes life to pursue some dream. Very sad indeed.:(

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had mates who went to race in Belgium at a high level around 10 years ago in the U23's. I remember one of them being asked by a guy at a race what preparation he was on. When he replied none the Belgium guy was shocked. He couldnt conceive that he would be racing at U23 level without any assistance.

I have been told similar stories by people who raced in Italy which has led me to the conclusion that U23's is where the UCI should be targeting their resources.

I would guess that if you are at 95% and you need to make up that remaining 5% to attract the interest of a Pro-Team then it must be a difficult call. A lot of lads have left home, their studies early and whatever other opportunities to become a pro. That doesnt make it right but unfortunately that is the situation a lot of lads find themselves in.

I'll wade in without any facts and figures here, but you probably won't find it too difficult to hunt down the stories that support the view. :)

Unfortunately thanks to the cynical exploitation of open borders, financial privacy, the amateurism of our law enforcers and the laxity of punishment for drug offences here, Belgium is pretty much an open house for drug trafficking.

It should be noted however that, although Belgium may be both a destination and a crossroads, very few of the dealers and users are actually Belgians, which means that somebody else is doing all the moving and shaking around here.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I would assume its also mainly geared towards the bodybuilding side as well. Bodybuilders the world over are obsessed with the biggest possible muscle mass and the lowest possible body fat(heya clenbuterol)

TRENDING THREADS