• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Predict RadioShack Tour Team

This team has a number of climbers...who is going to get the shaft?

Definite, mandatory

1. La
2.Levi
3.Klodi
4.Popo

And then we have climbers ...

Horner
Jani B
Paulinho
Zubeldia (hurt?)

Strongmen

Rast
Steegmans
McCartney
Rosseler
Vaitkus
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
Visit site
Ok probably totally wrong, but I haven't looked at their shortlist for the Tour but here's my guess:


1) Armstrong

2) Leipheimer
3) Kloden
4) Popovych
5) Horner
6) Rubiera
7) Brajkovic

8) Vaitkus
9) Steegmans

Brajkovic only makes it due to Zubeldia being injured, as for 8 and 9 on the team, they'll pick a few riders who are "engines" on the flat and "decent" cobble riders for stage 3.
 
Without a TTT Vaitkus and Steegmans should be enough for the kind of job they'll be doing, and in a pinch even Klöden could do it. I'm almost inclined to pick Paulinho instead of Brajkovic because bringing Janez in his current condition for the kind of work he'll be doing is such a waste.
 
BYOP88 said:
Ok probably totally wrong, but I haven't looked at their shortlist for the Tour but here's my guess:


1) Armstrong

2) Leipheimer
3) Kloden
4) Popovych
5) Horner
6) Rubiera
7) Brajkovic

8) Vaitkus
9) Steegmans

Brajkovic only makes it due to Zubeldia being injured, as for 8 and 9 on the team, they'll pick a few riders who are "engines" on the flat and "decent" cobble riders for stage 3.

I don't see Rubiera making the squad. That slot will go to Paulhino. Otherwise, I agree with your list--though I could see Rast taking either Vaitkus or Steegmans' spot.
 
I think the team will be:

Miller
Novtzky
Weasel
A supreme court judge
3 Members of the FBI narcotics division
and 2 jail wardens.

BYOP88 said:
Ok probably totally wrong, but I haven't looked at their shortlist for the Tour but here's my guess:


1) Armstrong

2) Leipheimer
3) Kloden
4) Popovych
5) Horner
6) Rubiera
7) Brajkovic

8) Vaitkus
9) Steegmans

Brajkovic only makes it due to Zubeldia being injured, as for 8 and 9 on the team, they'll pick a few riders who are "engines" on the flat and "decent" cobble riders for stage 3.
 
Nov 24, 2009
1,602
0
0
Visit site
thehog said:
I think the team will be:

Miller
Novtzky
Weasel
A supreme court judge
3 Members of the FBI narcotics division
and 2 jail wardens.

Miller?

Don't you mean this guy?
prisontattoos.jpg
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
Ok probably totally wrong, but I haven't looked at their shortlist for the Tour but here's my guess:


1) Armstrong

2) Leipheimer
3) Kloden
4) Popovych
5) Horner
6) Rubiera
7) Brajkovic

8) Vaitkus
9) Steegmans

Brajkovic only makes it due to Zubeldia being injured, as for 8 and 9 on the team, they'll pick a few riders who are "engines" on the flat and "decent" cobble riders for stage 3.

I'd lean Paulinho over Rubiera... or perhaps over Vaitkus. Maybe Rast instead of either Vaitkus/Steegmans too. He's been better on the cobbles and I really don't think RS cares much about sprinting.
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Visit site
Publicus said:
I don't see Rubiera making the squad. That slot will go to Paulhino. Otherwise, I agree with your list--though I could see Rast taking either Vaitkus or Steegmans' spot.

Maybe I should have read the whole thread before I responded. :)

Pretty much what I thought.
 
May 22, 2010
440
0
0
Visit site
i hear FLandis is about to be recruited as a super domestique for LA for the princely sum of agreeing to keep his mouth shut from now on. he's confident that the Shack can provide him with the necessary support for him to regain his form too.
 

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
386
0
0
Visit site
Lance

Levi
Kloden
Horner
Brajkovic
Zubeldia

Popovich
Paulinho
Rast
Rosseler

Solid team playing a classic 4-5-1 with levi and kloden supporting from midfield
Everything goes through the star striker lance so better hope hes on form
Energetic back 4 to ensure the water supply is good
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
sublimit said:
this is the whole squad incuding support staff-

1.Armstrong

8 other various gullible riders.

15 bodyguards

12 chemists

1 lawyer.

Plus one Twitter consultant
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Visit site
OK i have an updated list after consulting other sources. -

1.Armstrong

8 Various gullible riders

4 Chemists
2 Doctors
1 Nurse
18 Bodyguards
2 Lawyers
1 Twitter/publicity consultant.
1 Make up artist.
1 Cancer specialist
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
Visit site
sublimit said:
OK i have an updated list after consulting other sources. -

1.Armstrong

8 Various gullible riders

4 Chemists
2 Doctors
1 Nurse
18 Bodyguards
2 Lawyers
1 Twitter/publicity consultant.
1 Make up artist.
1 Cancer specialist

Lawyers, guns and money. Need more of those.
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
Visit site
So Janny Brat just paced with Contador all the way to the finish at le Alpe'. We can assume he has a place on the team. Do you think Brat will be given free rein if LA gets dropped on the first big climb of the Tour? Of course it's a long time away but maybe there's logic behind RS's strategy?
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Visit site
Anything Radioshack achieve at the tour wont be credible, so its not worth thinking about.

I dont think Brajkovic will ride though owing to him likely to upstage Armstrong.