• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Predict the Top 5 GC in Tour de France

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
DBotero said:
1.Froome
2.Quintana
3.J.Rod
4.Valverde
5.Nibali

If you examine the posts of this thread you can quickly observe that the Froome underrating in this forum(as some users claim) is much much smaller than the Contador overrating and blind fanboyism.
The closest prediction I came across after a quick check. Remove JRod and you're all set for the top 4. Chapeau.

Tonton said:
No way (baring a crash) that Valverde doesn't make the top-10. It's a course for him. IMO, a dangerous guy for a top-5. Out of the Big 4, one or two won't make the top 5, either DNF (more likely) or a a couple of bad stages, crash, puncture with 5K left, bordure, a bad day...I think the guess is who is (are) the guy(s). My bet would be Bertie, then Dawg/Quintana. One breakaway rider may hang on to remain in the top 5. That's why IMO the French guys have to take chances, or they'll end up with a 5-10 finish.

My final predictions:
1. Nibali
2. Froome
3. Quintana
4. Pinot
5. Valverde

Fun to look back :rolleyes: . Maybe Pinot is the new Contador then :confused: . Well, that must be why I have never been and will never go to Vegas... :eek: