• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Private discussions?

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Are there private threads or forums on here?
Just noticed on the right side of the page a thread for Zipp 454 wheels, but no sign of the thread here in the forum and when I click on the link get told I'm not authorised to see it. Just curious. If they ARE private, seems strange to advertise a reply to one.

Tim B said:
Are there private threads or forums on here?
Just noticed on the right side of the page a thread for Zipp 454 wheels, but no sign of the thread here in the forum and when I click on the link get told I'm not authorised to see it. Just curious. If they ARE private, seems strange to advertise a reply to one.
I'm not going to go into any detail but to answer your question, yes there are hidden subforums that only mods and admins can access. One of them is a SPAM subforum that we move threads such as the one you're referring to, to be autopruned at a specified time built into the forum software. I'm not sure how you were able to see that zipp 454 thread as it's sitting in the SPAM subforum now. A glitch may have allowed you to see a shadow copy, idk...

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, don't know, I didn't see the actual thread, just the reference to it in the "last post" column at the right side of page. I clicked on the link twice and looked in the sub forum twice but it wasn't there. Perhaps when you move a thread the last post section doesn't update until someone posts a reply somewhere in that subforum that updates that field. It may behave differently if you just delete the thread in question.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation :)

TRENDING THREADS