• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Q on zipp 303 disc

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why some zipp 303 discs have a rim brake track on and others don't? Are they an early model or might they have been converted? Thanks

I'm pretty sure the first disc brake 303s had a brake track, they were released in 2014, but they weren't just a conversion as the spoke count was increased at the front to 24 and they dropped the radial lacing. I think the 2015 disc wheels didn't have a brake track and from that point on this was the norm. As such, any rims from 2015 onwards with a brake track on disc hubs are likely converted.

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the first disc brake 303s had a brake track, they were released in 2014, but they weren't just a conversion as the spoke count was increased at the front to 24 and they dropped the radial lacing. I think the 2015 disc wheels didn't have a brake track and from that point on this was the norm. As such, any rims from 2015 onwards with a brake track on disc hubs are likely converted.
Great info thanks

TRENDING THREADS