Quintana??

May 3, 2010
538
0
0
So I notice there is no Quintana thread here. It seems everyone that has an impressive performance automatically gets a thread. He certainly won the giro in impressive fashion despite being horribly sick the whole time.

Is Quintana considered a clean rider?
 
Apr 15, 2013
405
0
0
offbyone said:
So I notice there is no Quintana thread here. It seems everyone that has an impressive performance automatically gets a thread. He certainly won the giro in impressive fashion despite being horribly sick the whole time.

Is Quintana considered a clean rider?
He has more of a believable back story than most but I assume he is still doping. If not EPO then something else.
 
This is gonna be such a thread were some people are gonna act surprised cause it doesn't have many posts and where clinic regulars answer that this is because there's pretty much no discussion and anyone's like 'yeah, he dopes, onto the next one'. Though maybe this could go into the distance cause he's Colombian and cause Ryo Hazuki never believes anyone is doping

He still deserves a thread though
 
Aug 6, 2009
1,926
0
0
Red Rick said:
He still deserves a thread though.
No, he does not. Not at this stage. You guys take conjecture to ridiculous heights here in the Clinic, but I'm not going to let it happen this time.

Let there be some type of controversy, or dare I even say a hint of proof before going bananas throwing rocks at a rider whose only guilt is winning a grand tour. There has to be more to it than that.

CLOSED.
 
I also think he is a doper. I am neither a fan nor a hater of the guy right now, altough after the Stelvio stage that changed a little. To me he feats in the same type of dopers as Nibali, Valverde and Contador.


Guys i know dope and wouldn't mind getting caught, but don't really bother me being at the top of the sport because they have always shown be talented riders.
 
Jul 10, 2010
2,659
0
0
offbyone said:
So I notice there is no Quintana thread here. It seems everyone that has an impressive performance automatically gets a thread. He certainly won the giro in impressive fashion despite being horribly sick the whole time.

Is Quintana considered a clean rider?
Antione Vayer and Portoleau seem to think he is clean. Vayer went to Twitter to announce it.

http://t.co/kVIJeiIUPe
 
May 3, 2010
538
0
0
Hmm Berzin had closed the thread because there was no proof that quintana doped. Now the thread is open and his message is gone. Mysterious.
 
Too me it looks unlikely. He is extremely light. Hesjesdal and Rolland were able to follow him for 20 km on stage 16. Only when the gradient got steeper he moved ahead slightly. His talent was evident since the beginning.
On the other hand, he also probably does what Unzue asks him to do who himself is a relic of the hardcore doping. He is in the Movistar team with Valverde a know unrepentant doper.
 
He could be doping. I don't know.

But he sures fits the mold of very talented rider. Very. And it has been so consistent from the beginning. Better than other riders.

Him and Uran I am willing to defend more than other Colombians at this moment. It could change tomorrow.

Who takes Colombian riders to Europe at such a young age to dope them to the gills if you can do that with young European talent unless you are a very talented rider?
 
Aug 2, 2012
4,219
0
0
proof

offbyone said:
Hmm Berzin had closed the thread because there was no proof that quintana doped.
will other clinic threads close where there is no proof?

as to quintana i have no idea just like froome.............again I have my suspicions

without doubt quintana is prepared to do anything necesary..........ignore red flags............draft behind team cars........disappear for ages training etc

it surprises me he is so popular.........is his character lost in translation?

Mark L
 
Jun 4, 2014
633
0
0
Don't really like the guy,but since cycling is "clean"now he must be clean too +colombians don't dope :)
 
Jul 10, 2009
580
0
0
I was shocked that there was no thread on Quintana. But I think there are major doubts already with riders from Columbia. I agree with that. Strange they all go to Columbia to train, most US pros for instance live in Europe during the season, but Quintana and Uran etc are in Columbia during the season and seem to fly back for races??

Am sure there is very little dope check in Columbia and even where done easy for the cyclists to know well in advance.

When he was "sick" in the first week of the Giro, I was thinking, got a bad BB. And when he suddenly recovered and exploded in the 2nd week, I said fixed his BB issues.

I am sceptically of a 24 year old already a GT winner?? You must be super talented and I don't get that with Quintana. By that way dunno why but he looks 30 to me....
 
jilbiker said:
I was shocked that there was no thread on Quintana. But I think there are major doubts already with riders from Columbia. I agree with that. Strange they all go to Columbia to train, most US pros for instance live in Europe during the season, but Quintana and Uran etc are in Columbia during the season and seem to fly back for races??

Am sure there is very little dope check in Columbia and even where done easy for the cyclists to know well in advance.

When he was "sick" in the first week of the Giro, I was thinking, got a bad BB. And when he suddenly recovered and exploded in the 2nd week, I said fixed his BB issues.

I am sceptically of a 24 year old already a GT winner?? You must be super talented and I don't get that with Quintana. By that way dunno why but he looks 30 to me....
I don't get the bolded. At all.
 
Sep 29, 2012
8,087
0
0
IMO, he timed the MTT so he'd win it - but only just. His performances all seem within a natural progression and are not full genius, but I also do not think we are seeing him hit his limit.

I also get the feeling he won easily.
 
jilbiker said:
I was shocked that there was no thread on Quintana. But I think there are major doubts already with riders from Columbia. I agree with that. Strange they all go to Columbia to train, most US pros for instance live in Europe during the season, but Quintana and Uran etc are in Columbia during the season and seem to fly back for races??

Am sure there is very little dope check in Columbia and even where done easy for the cyclists to know well in advance.

When he was "sick" in the first week of the Giro, I was thinking, got a bad BB. And when he suddenly recovered and exploded in the 2nd week, I said fixed his BB issues.

I am sceptically of a 24 year old already a GT winner?? You must be super talented and I don't get that with Quintana. By that way dunno why but he looks 30 to me....
Colombia. It's Colombia.

Also. You never noticed US pros go back all the time? If only to ride in California, Utah, wherever.
 
Jul 1, 2011
986
0
0
Is there much evidence of him doping? (Over and above the fact he's a pro cyclist, so by definition is suspicious and will keep some company with past dopers).

I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt in the absence of anything substantial to worry about.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts