• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Across the Sky 2010

Is there a special version where Armstrong is not mentioned? If so then it might be interesting to see what a circus the race has become during the last couple of years. If not then the gag reflex would be too strong to risk viewing it.

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Is there a special version where Armstrong is not mentioned? If so then it might be interesting to see what a circus the race has become during the last couple of years. If not then the gag reflex would be too strong to risk viewing it.

Do you ever have anything positive to say? Jeezz

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Nope.

mwbyrd said:
He doesn't.

If so then it might be interesting to see what a circus the race has become during the last couple of years.

By "circus" you, of course, mean people have finally gotten the word about the toughest 1 day mountain bike race on the planet that attracts the best riders like Lance, Levi, Todd Wells, JHK, Ned Overend, Tinker, Jeremiah Bishop and a few others.

I'm sure that's what you really meant to say without the usual sarcasm.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
mwbyrd said:

bashing lance here on the internet makes one feel closer to the pro peloton....errr on the internet no less

brodeal has talent when he is talking about process. But alas his topics as of late are of the person. himself and others. see what fame does

Where's the beef

terms suggetsting any event is the hardest ever are best ignored..

Leadville is not technical. That's why the roadies do so well.

'epic' just depends on the rider.

Do they still do the markleeville ride? I know three peaks qualifies as epic. No pro roadie woul dare ride it

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Are there any equivalent rides in Europe or elsewhere not so heavily marketed to sell bikes?
Through the Alps perhaps? I don't know.

I am not going to see this because I think it is the toughest or best or whatever or because I have ridden harder blah blah blah.... Just going to see some riding and celebrate the sport.

I can agree that the hype for this race is a bit over the top. But that is what the Bike Industry is here in the US. no reason to hate though

All I now is i'd be hard pressed to finish at that altitude

Cheers

turnkey303 said:
He doesn't.

By "circus" you, of course, mean people have finally gotten the word about the toughest 1 day mountain bike race on the planet that attracts the best riders like Lance, Levi, Todd Wells, JHK, Ned Overend, Tinker, Jeremiah Bishop and a few others.

I'm sure that's what you really meant to say without the usual sarcasm.

Actually I think what you meant to say was "toughest 100 mile fireroad race in central Colorado that attracts the best riders in the area who are not away racing somewhere else that weekend, to hammer on a bunch of wealthy duffers who have spent a pretty penny for the privilege of being pummeled."

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Markleeville

DirtyWorks said:
...Do they still do the markleeville ride? I know three peaks qualifies as epic. No pro roadie woul dare ride it

The Markleeville Death Ride is in July every year. Epic would be the Everest Challenge, basically 2 days worth of Death Ride. What's Three Peaks?

Saw the movie last night. Good, but photography didn't seem as impressive as last year. Smaller crowd here than last year.