• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Radio Shack threats

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
It matters because those with their hands out and threatening consequences are not those on welfare but Goldman Sachs, Lockheed, Haliburton etc. It is their political business model to keep you looking for (one of those people) in the grocery line in front of you paying with food stamps.

I think you've misinterpreted my stance on the issue... I'm in favor of social welfare programs for the most part, and believe in higher taxes for the wealthiest to cover it. But the other poster is right in that this isn't the place for such a discussion.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
It matters because those with their hands out and threatening consequences are not those on welfare but Goldman Sachs, Lockheed, Haliburton etc. It is their political business model to keep you looking for (one of those people) in the grocery line in front of you paying with food stamps.

yep. Divide and conquer - or should I say keep conquered.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok fellas, this is not the politics thread. You can discuss politics in the Cafe, and if you must talk business or taxes, feel free to open a CPA thread there as well.

This thread is in the clinic, and doping has yet to be mentioned... :confused:

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Ok fellas, this is not the politics thread. You can discuss politics in the Cafe, and if you must talk business or taxes, feel free to open a CPA thread there as well.

Ok... I mentioned EPO in the OP...thread could have gone either way

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:

I needed dope just to read this thread.

As this thread has nothing to do with doping, it will be moved to the Cafe.

For those interested in the how and why this type of social-political tax engineering came to be, how some people benefit and others do not, I recommend Pulitzer winner David Cay Johnston's book Perfectly Legal. Very detailed, matter of fact, cuts across the entire political spectrum to the heart of this issue.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
As this thread has nothing to do with doping, it will be moved to the Cafe.

For those interested in the how and why this type of social-political tax engineering came to be, how some people benefit and others do not, I recommend Pulitzer winner David Cay Johnston's book Perfectly Legal. Very detailed, matter of fact, cuts across the entire political spectrum to the heart of this issue.

and http://www.wanttoknow.info/johnperkinseconomichitman
""Economic hit men (EHMs) are highly-paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. They funnel money from the World Bank, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and other foreign "aid" organizations into the coffers of huge corporations and the pockets of a few wealthy families who control the planet's natural resources. Their tools included fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, sex, and murder. They play a game as old as empire, but one that has taken on new and terrifying dimensions during this time of globalization.""