• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

RCS to work with ASO in the near future?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-ditalia-not-for-sale-says-new-rcs-president/?utm_content=buffer8eb17&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

"[...] Sell RCS sport? No way. I'm not crazy…" [The new president and CEO of RCS Media Group, Urbano Cairo] told Cyclingnews with a loud laugh, perhaps aware of the value of the Giro d'Italia despite its limited profitability.

However Cairo did hint that he is prepared to work with Tour de France organiser ASO in the future, which could be worrying news to the UCI's plans to control the WorldTour and the strategy of the Velon team association that is trying to obtain more income for teams from race organisers.

"We'll work with the French," he said, without revealing how.

"I hope the Giro d'Italia can return to be the great race it was back in the seventies. In every way, especially economically, so that we can invest and make it even bigger and better. It's got to get back to the level of the Tour de France. [...]"

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
f that means joining forces to make Velon lose I'm all for it. I'm not a huge ASO fan, but compared to Velon they really are the lesser evil.