• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rear light for huge Slice seat post?

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
oldborn said:
Anyone know what I should be looking for on ebay?

Two options I can think of:

1. look for a light that mounts to the seat rails instead
2. look for a light that mounts with rubber o-rings; you'll probably need to throw away the o-ring that comes with the light and find something longer at your local hardware or hydraulics supplier. You may also need to modify the mount to stop it flopping around on the trailing knife-edge of your seat post, I used a small piece of closed-cell foam to do this on my bike.

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
dsut4392 said:
Two options I can think of:

1. look for a light that mounts to the seat rails instead
2. look for a light that mounts with rubber o-rings; you'll probably need to throw away the o-ring that comes with the light and find something longer at your local hardware or hydraulics supplier. You may also need to modify the mount to stop it flopping around on the trailing knife-edge of your seat post, I used a small piece of closed-cell foam to do this on my bike.
I like this option, thanks man, when it comes to simple solutions I sucks:D That seat rails I need for bottle holder, I think.
Thanks!

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Notso Swift said:
Maybe attach to the bottle holder then?
THose Knog type things stretch quite a way
Irony is that I already have Knog, it is superb light but will not stretch as slice seat post, it is not possible to attach to cannonball holder type.
Anyway thanks mate! I will run KISS solution on this, but must figured it out how?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
oldborn said:
First time I ever see it, thanks mate.

No Probs.
I've used one on my commuter-training bike all winter. I have it on the rear edge of one seat stay and because it is a near 360 degree tube (about 10 degrees is opaque) it is highly visible from the rear but also from the right AND left beyond 90 degrees. so cars coming out of side streets can see you clearly too even though its low mounted. (I have seen a number with it on the seat post on a normal round tube and that works well too)

I've had a number of riders comment that its so much different to a normal bike light that they have paid extra attention to me - hopefully cars have a similar reaction!

TRENDING THREADS