• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Reel life.

A

Anonymous

Recommend a movie for others.Any movies old,new,japanese,finnish, etc.

I will start.
a}Shawshank redemption
b}5 days of war.

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend the little-seen Brian DePalma film 'Blow Out'. It's a conspiracy thriller inspired by the overrated Antonioni film "Blow Up'. It's the best thing John Travolta has ever been in (if you don't count Kelly Preston :p). I also love Truffaut's 'Shoot the Piano Player'. I've seen it so many times I no longer have to read the subtitles.

A

Anonymous

Requiem for a dream

Dirty pretty things

Choke

Trainspotting

I Heart Huckabees

Paranormal Activity

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Movies

Pulp Fiction= Best. Movie. Ever. Period. :D

I always loved Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman. A little weird but it definitely reminds me of growing up in the late 80's, early 90's! :D

ooh! can't believe this thread just started.
ummm..

"Seven Samurai."..every time I watch it I see more

Jaques Tati's "Mr Hulot's Holiday" and "Traffic"

"Captain Blood" and the "Sea Hawk" Errol Flynn was SO cool way before Johnny Depp...

Monty Python "Search for the Holy Grail" :D

could go on and on..:)

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Kick-a$$

Fast Times at Ridgemont high (Sean Penn's official breakthrough movie :p )

Lock, Stock and Two smoking Barrels

Rock'n'Rolla

The Boondock Saints

The Dollars Trilogy - a fistful of dollars/For a few dollars more/The good the Bad and the Ugly

The Last of the Mohicans

Blazing Saddles/Spaceballs/Mel Brooks' History of the world part 1/ Men in tights :D

Glory

Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Extended version :D

EDIT: I Forgot 'Watchmen' and 'Fight Club'

hrotha said:
Anyway, I recommend Norwegian Wood.

Susan Westemeyer said:
They made a movie out of a Beatles song? :eek:

Susan, it's the screen version of a Murakami novel with that title, which of course makes references to the song.

I refused to go see it because my vision of Murakami is much too personal to tolerate seeing it externalised in a movie. What I mean by that is probably similar to how some say it's better not to meet your heroes. :)

Susan Westemeyer said:
Speaking of John Wayne: one of my favourite movies is El Dorado. I just love Robert Mitchum in that movie, even though I suspect he was pretty much playing himself.

Susan

Susan, you just reminded me of a couple of classic Mitchums...
I never used to like him in the more modern things like Thunder Road, and some of the war stuff, but teriffic fun with a glass of wine is "The Big Steal", wild ride in Mexico chasing and being chased by bad guys. and
"Macao" exotic tough guy stuff with great dialogue---in both movies actually! :)

can't beat him in some of the film noirs..

Susan Westemeyer said:
Not to mention that he is pretty darned good looking.

To change the subject for a moment, I think the sexiest man in movies right now is Johnny Depp in his Pirates role: HOT!

In "real life" he does absolutely nothing for me.......

Susan

HA! and did you see my above comment about Errol Flynn? WAY amazing guy when he was young...and way hotter than JD in my mind! ;)

Susan Westemeyer said:
They made a movie out of a Beatles song? :eek:

Virtually the only time I ever watch movies is on airplanes, and that not often. But on one of our flights at Easter I watched The King's Speech and thought it was fantastic.

Susan

Loved A King's Speech. I am a huge Helena Bonham Carter fan. Love when she gets to be funny/snarky.

I love movies. Here are some of my favorites:
Live From Baghdad - about how CNN was the only international news team reporting live in Baghdad when the bombing started. Excellent movie.

A Mighty Heart - although the book was better.
Snatch
Dodgeball
Anchorman
Easy A
- "if I can keep the boys off the pipe and the girls off the pole, I get a bonus"!
Caddyshack - "so I got that goin' for me" LOL
Fletch
Zoolander

Almost Famous - great sound track
A Knight's Tale - great sound track

I am more of a comedy kind of girl, if you can't tell by movie selections.

A

Anonymous

just watched "Nothing but the truth and fair game" both are good. yep, 2 movies in a row being friday night and **** lol

A

Anonymous

Rip:30 said:
I keep getting older and they stay the same age...

The opening scene with the GTO cruising around with Sweet Emotion playing was a great opening scene.