• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Reliving the Giro

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Excellent video

And oh yeah - the 'good ol' days' - when real men did those ridfes without helmets and gloves plus a spare tire wrapped around your neck in case of a flat !!

But I think Fausto must have doped !!!! .... (okay, only kidding .... ) ;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
The Giro d'Italia is just around the corner! Woooooo HOOOOOOO!!!!

Can't wait! If its anything like last year it will be better than the Tour and definitely the Vuleta! The past two editions have been much more exciting and action packed than the Tour by far. I feel the Giro is picking away at the Tour's fan base or at least mine.

Who can you beat pure excitement vs history lessons as the Tour goes over the boring sections? The Giro announcers also get credit for raising the roof with their super excitement at announcing the race, they do it best RAI! Now if they'd sell their RAI kit, I'd buy one in a minute! :D

ridley said:
Excellent video. And oh yeah - the 'good ol' days' - when real men did those rides without helmets and gloves plus a spare tire wrapped around your neck in case of a flat !!

You forgot about the fact that most of the paved roads were cobblestones, and the mountain passes were dirt!

coppi-stelvio450.jpg

TRENDING THREADS