• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Remco vs Roglic

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who do you dis more, Remco or Roglic?

• Remco

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Roglic

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • In this namby pamby PC world, I love both riders, but I hope Remco pummels the guts out of Roglic.

• I'm cheering for Roglic, something about that ski background and the smile just touches me.

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Vin(g)o option: irrelevant, bring on the tour

• Because of fundamentalist fanaticism, I’m rooting for Caruso

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 4th biggest rivalry in cycling could end the forum this summer.

It's literally stage 1 of Paris nice , a sprinter stage, and we are already in meltdown over this two riders. In 2024 These guys are doing Paris nice, basque country, ardennes, dauphine , le tour and Olympics against each other

By the summer we will have nobody left, everyone will be already banned, or deleted their accounts to protect their remaining brain cells. The forum will just be red rick talking to himself about kelderman and giro stage profiles.

After all the arguements about the greats on this forum; nibali, contador, valverde, Bonnen, cancelara, Gilbert, Sagan, van Der poel, it will be the rivalry between a wheelsucking visma robot with no racing skills, and an arrogant and stupid belge teenegar that cries when he doesn't win, that will break this beautiful online space.

He isn't a teenegar or even teenager. He was once, though, but so were you and I. You should take a course on how time works.

Reactions: Berniece
Yesterday it tipped. Till then I found the passion the remglic/rogco-fanclashs bring mostly entertaining since it spices up the race threads and often developes funny memes which not so much fanboys but pot stirrers manage to apply with impeccably funny timing, weight obsession vs. never attacks etc.
But yesterday I found myself just clicking through the threads same same but different stuff, every comment by every poster seemed predictable and just like going through the motions, analyzing if an utterance could possibly be spun as whining or a 2-second-loss is a sign of old age...and finally I even started to work instead of reading cyclingnews. Never happens to me, I swear.
I hope I will find the spark in this duel again. Maybe it's just that during PN it got a bit much and it will light up again sooner than later, maybe it's because many seem to cheer more for the misfortune of R1 instead of celebrating the success of R2; but if I loose interest even during a 1-week-race it doesn't bode well for the tour...

Yesterday it tipped. Till then I found the passion the remglic/rogco-fanclashs bring mostly entertaining since it spices up the race threads and often developes funny memes which not so much fanboys but pot stirrers manage to apply with impeccably funny timing, weight obsession vs. never attacks etc.
But yesterday I found myself just clicking through the threads same same but different stuff, every comment by every poster seemed predictable and just like going through the motions, analyzing if an utterance could possibly be spun as whining or a 2-second-loss is a sign of old age...and finally I even started to work instead of reading cyclingnews. Never happens to me, I swear.
I hope I will find the spark in this duel again. Maybe it's just that during PN it got a bit much and it will light up again sooner than later, maybe it's because many seem to cheer more for the misfortune of R1 instead of celebrating the success of R2; but if I loose interest even during a 1-week-race it doesn't bode well for the tour...
R1 (Remco) vs R2D2