• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riccardo Ricco to face CAS

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I never liked him, but the way everyone turned their back on him, just because he was careless or stupid, I hope he is going to tell what he knows. In the light of the USADA report and it's aftermath it looks like he just did the same as everyone else. And he didn't break the omerta. I would be angry if I was him

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-to-front-cas-in-december-following-12-year-ban

(I wonder why Cippollini advised him to "forget about cycling, think about his son and move on ;-))

Baroh1488 said:
I never liked him, but the way everyone turned their back on him, just because he was careless or stupid, I hope he is going to tell what he knows. In the light of the USADA report and it's aftermath it looks like he just did the same as everyone else. And he didn't break the omerta. I would be angry if I was him

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-to-front-cas-in-december-following-12-year-ban

(I wonder why Cippollini advised him to "forget about cycling, think about his son and move on ;-))

"tell what he knows" - he sounds like a very dumb f**ker to me so that may not be much.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at that case, then again I don't understand Italian.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Baroh1488 said:
him to "forget about cycling, think about his son and move on ;-))

What Cipo says here sounds arrogant first, because Ricco really was and could have become an even greater star.

But someone has to speak out what Cipo spoke out. I think today, there are many people from Jimenez´, Pantani´s, Vandenbroucke´s former environment who today wish they would have chosen the words Cipo chose towards Ricco.

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
But someone has to speak out what Cipo spoke out. I think today, there are many people from Jimenez´, Pantani´s, Vandenbroucke´s former environment who today wish they would have chosen the words Cipo chose towards Ricco.

If that's what Mario meant i can only agree with him. It is only cycling. But Mario could also imply that Ricco should accept his lifetime ban and move on, instead of becoming an italian Tyler Hamilton.

Latest posts