• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rice = the new EPO

Garmin does not need drugs. They have rice instead. From the fitness forum:

"Received my Cycle Sport yesterday. I flipped through it and finally learned why iI've been blowing up on climbs and nearly every where else: Wheat. Eating wheat is causing me to get dropped.
The nutrtionist for Garmin has had the boys on a wheat free diet and I reckon that, ladies and gentlemen, explains Bradley Wiggins' unexplained new found climbing ability. What Garmin riders eat instead of pasta made of wheat is pasta made from rice. Rice in the morning, rice in the evening, rice at suppertime. The team's new motto is going to be: Eat Rice, Will Travel. So from now on it's rice cakes and onions slathered in olive for me! That's how I'm going to get my cycling fix."

Gluten, baby. That was the same explanation Garmin gave about Vande Velde's new found GT ability. I wonder how many riders there are in the peloton who could place in the top five of the Tour if only they ate more rice and less bread.

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

"Received my Cycle Sport yesterday. I flipped through it and finally learned why iI've been blowing up on climbs and nearly every where else: Wheat. Eating wheat is causing me to get dropped.
The nutrtionist for Garmin has had the boys on a wheat free diet and I reckon that, ladies and gentlemen, explains Bradley Wiggins' unexplained new found climbing ability. What Garmin riders eat instead of pasta made of wheat is pasta made from rice. Rice in the morning, rice in the evening, rice at suppertime. The team's new motto is going to be: Eat Rice, Will Travel. So from now on it's rice cakes and onions slathered in olive for me! That's how I'm going to get my cycling fix."

Gluten, baby. That was the same explanation Garmin gave about Vande Velde's new found GT ability. I wonder how many riders there are in the peloton who could place in the top five of the Tour if only they ate more rice and less bread.

Finally a team spells out that the riders are not on "bread and water"

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
So after today, is Wiggins still doped to his eyeballs?

Physics says he can do it on one stage (watts/kg), experience/pedigree says not on consecutive ones. Refills would allow him the latter.

He's clean.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
So after today, is Wiggins still doped to his eyeballs?

Physics says he can do it on one stage (watts/kg), experience/pedigree says not on consecutive ones. Refills would allow him the latter.

He's clean.

HA, he's still doping he probably can't recover that well. Probably needs something to help him out there.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Vaughters said doping was all about recovery in GTs.:D Sorta like Danilo attacking every single day.

NB: Wiggo's comment on DDL on Twitter--"Di Luca, what a ****er! unbelievable".

For an individual mountain stage (on non-consecutive days), we have to prove Wiggo's lost more, or nearly as much, watts than weight.

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Hey, its worked for me! Went gluten-free at the end of last season. This season I have much improved results and have lasted longer into the season. But its a PITA to find gluten-free food and beer.

TRENDING THREADS