• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rider Points System

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
The reason for him not getting a team is a combination of reasons, one of them is the points, another of them was him not being good enough, another being sick at key moments during this season, another lack of motivation. I think Posthuma could still be capable of being a good domestique though, he did good work for Schleck in the 2011 tour.

no he's not. his motivation sucks. that's the reason he's out of the cycling world and thank god for that. just read one interview with him and you understand. zero selfreflection. I wish him good luck finding any sort of career in our society. he will need it

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
I don't think he is entirely blaming not finding a team on lack of points, just that a lot of teams are in need of riders with points more so then they are in need of domestiques. And that is just one contributing factor to some riders not finding teams. I agree with you part of the reason riders are finding it difficult to find teams is not being good enough, I just don't think it is the only reason.

if posthuma is disapointed that teams like euskaltel didn't want him then he's even more of a joke. if he had any class left he could've stayed with a much stronger team who don't need points and let's face it. at least 15 wt teams don't need riders with points and don't select on that, not to mention ALL the pct teams. so he shouldn't whine and tell the truth instead of all his bs excuses

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
lol and you believe that :eek:

Is there any reason not to believe him? Other than it being contradictory to what you think.

Ryo Hazuki said:
no he's not. his motivation sucks. that's the reason he's out of the cycling world and thank god for that. just read one interview with him and you understand. zero selfreflection. I wish him good luck finding any sort of career in our society. he will need it

He said that his motivation was part of the problem. And like I said I think it is only one part of multiple reasons for not getting on a team for 2013.

Ryo Hazuki said:
if posthuma is disapointed that teams like euskaltel didn't want him then he's even more of a joke. if he had any class left he could've stayed with a much stronger team who don't need points and let's face it. at least 15 wt teams don't need riders with points and don't select on that, not to mention ALL the pct teams. so he shouldn't whine and tell the truth instead of all his bs excuses

Whenever any pro says something that is contradictory to your point of view you call them a liar and say they are making excuses. Your logic is brilliant :rolleyes:. Not everyone lies and makes up excuses like you think, And he did pretty much say that not being good enough was part of the problem. He's not making any excuses, just stating the reasons for him not getting a contract for 2013.

Afrank said:
And like I said I think it is only one part of multiple reasons for not getting on a team for 2013.
I agree with you here: there are multiple reasons. It seems to me that Posthuma has the level to act on World Tour level (and I like him). I wonder however why he did not get a contract extension at Radioshack.