• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Robert Millar interview on Bradley Wiggins

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Quote: Wiggins has said he would dearly like to start the Tour wearing yellow.

Won't Evans will be wearing the yellow jersey to start the tour?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
avanti said:

Think I'm right in saying that the prologue establishes the mj for stage one on Sunday

May 27, 2010
Visit site
TechnicalDescent said:
It's what we're all thinking, isn't it?

No maybe that's what you are thinking, but it isn't what we are thinking.
Guys like menchov, nibali, gesink, VDB and schleck all can be very well in contention.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
avanti said:

My memory was wrong. Nobody started in the yellow jersey.

jamiephillips said:
Cycling Experts.

The Hitch >>>>>> Robert Millar

Im not denying Millar's greatness, he is rightfully one of the more well respected former racers over here, he was a top top talent and got treated really badly in that Vuelta.

Nevertheless to say that no one comes close to Bradley Wiggins or Evans is to totally underestimate the Gt talent around. Neither of them has ever dominated a gt, they both have had experience with underperforming at a gt, and most importantly there are plenty of top gt talents around who have shown on their day they can be very very good indeed.

I mean its not like we are talking about 90's indurain and 2000's Armstrong going into a gt against eachother.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Nevertheless to say that no one comes close to Bradley Wiggins or Evans is to totally underestimate the Gt talent around. Neither of them has ever dominated a gt, they both have had experience with underperforming at a gt, and most importantly there are plenty of top gt talents around who have shown on their day they can be very very good indeed.
I read it as if everyone rides to current form and given the large of amount of TT then it will be just between those two. If you even look at the poll on this forum then it is a case of no one else is even close to them. Of course anything can happen but all things being equal most people would put the money on either of them.