• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rotating "Today on cyclingnews"

It is probably just me, but the automatic cycling through the stories in the "Today on cyclingnews" section is distracting. I dislike animations when I am trying to read and end up just scrolling that off screen to read through the individual sections. Perhaps it looks neat at a high level but it detracts from site utility. I'm good with being able to mouse over the stories if I want to see the associated photo, but if I don't just scroll past I often just mouse over one to stop the flipping while I read the rest.

I guess it is supposed to be eye candy but it makes the news harder to read. At the very least it could use some tweaking. Looking at the current selection, for example, both lines for the McQuaid story spill into the picture area and are unreadable over some of the pictures, including the white of the photo associated with the story. And the picture from the Madone 7 article above it has white text that ends up at the same place as the McQuaid text, so it is unreadable over that photo as well.

bonnyc

Administrator
Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback about the 'Today on CyclingNews' panel: we're currently working on a new design for the site and we are changing this part of the homepage so its easier to read and less distracting.

We hope to launch the new design soon (exact date to be confirmed) - so please bear with us in the meantime.

Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS