• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Round one of athletes protesting WADA

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Athletes are joining together to protest against WADA. The first step is to leave their Whereabouts blank for Christmas Day. I'm tired of fighting it in the Contador threads, but with the recent announcement by Spanish pro basketball and tennis, and now this - apparently people believe that it's wrong to find someone innocent but punish them anyway just because you can. Translated by Google:

The 25,000 athletes in elite groups the U.S. Athletes who chairs the ex-rugby player Yves Kummer, have decided to move. Están hartos de que el Código Mundial Antidopaje vulnere sus derechos más elementales por lo que el sábado 25 quienes deban rellenar sus datos de localización ante eventuales controles por sorpresa dejarán el casillero en blanco. They are sick of the World Anti-Doping Code violates their basic rights so that on Saturday 25 people to populate your location data to any surprise checks leave the box blank. Esta protesta es la primera de una serie de medidas que tienen como objetivo final conseguir una reforma consensuada del actual Código Antidopaje. This protest is the first of a series of measures aimed at achieving a final consensus of the current reform Anti-Doping Code

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=733303&idseccio_PK=809

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
...apparently people believe that it's wrong to find someone innocent but punish them anyway just because you can.
Are you referring to any case in particular? Surely you don't mean the Contador situation as neither innocence nor guilt have yet been established.

The translation was nearly unreadable but I gather that some athletes are not revealing their location on Christmas Day. Have there ever been surprise controls on Christmas Day? I'm wondering if there is any substance to this protest or if it's as effective as the usual roadside halt. Maybe they can follow up with a few sarcastic tweets to truly drive their point home.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
Athletes are joining together to protest against WADA. The first step is to leave their Whereabouts blank for Christmas Day. I'm tired of fighting it in the Contador threads, but with the recent announcement by Spanish pro basketball and tennis, and now this - apparently people believe that it's wrong to find someone innocent but punish them anyway just because you can. Translated by Google:

The 25,000 athletes in elite groups the U.S. Athletes who chairs the ex-rugby player Yves Kummer, have decided to move. Están hartos de que el Código Mundial Antidopaje vulnere sus derechos más elementales por lo que el sábado 25 quienes deban rellenar sus datos de localización ante eventuales controles por sorpresa dejarán el casillero en blanco. They are sick of the World Anti-Doping Code violates their basic rights so that on Saturday 25 people to populate your location data to any surprise checks leave the box blank. Esta protesta es la primera de una serie de medidas que tienen como objetivo final conseguir una reforma consensuada del actual Código Antidopaje. This protest is the first of a series of measures aimed at achieving a final consensus of the current reform Anti-Doping Code

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=733303&idseccio_PK=809

I am so sick of the Americans here in pro football, oh yeah wada doesn't test them OK go after the cyclists wada guys!

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Maybe they can follow up with a few sarcastic tweets to truly drive their point home.

Meanwhile pedaling squares sits on a tiny internet forum showing people who's boss! You go girl! Sitting on internet forums is totally better than being a professional cyclist.

happychappy said:
Meanwhile pedaling squares sits on a tiny internet forum showing people who's boss! You go girl! Sitting on internet forums is totally better than being a professional cyclist.

i'm not sure your anonymous criticism of him is any different than his anonymous criticism of them except that he actually contributed to the discussion.

to the OP. it's hardly the "first round" or first time athletes have voiced their displeasure with anti-doping authorities. those authorities, while imperfect, shouldn't be the target of most of the anger, cheats and dopers should. it is PED useres who have necissitated the oversight. why would you attack the people trying to clean up the mess rather than those making it. strange. :confused:

happychappy said:

Its a big internet forum;)

And mocking someone for posting on the internet in the first place, is one of those cheap little tricks people come up with when they have nothing better to say.

Fools

flicker said:
I am so sick of the Americans here in pro football, oh yeah wada doesn't test them OK go after the cyclists wada guys!

American pro football players die very young. People are talking about 52 for linemen and 55 for other positions. The linemen steroid and gorge and HGH up to obesity and then they bash their brainpans against each other. The fact that pro football players are not protected from their own short-sightedness is a sorry shame.

It's good that WADA protects cyclists from their short-sightedness. Lest we forget the blood-sludged racers who died in their sleep and that doped-up fool Tom Simpson.

Fie on scum like Armstrong who propagate the doping omerta.

Merry Christmas!

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
happychappy said:
Thank you for visiting my tiny internet forum happychappy. I'm the boss. I asked if riders were usually tested on Christmas Day and wondered if there was any substance to this form of protest. Are you able to answer these questions or otherwise contribute to the thread? If not, worry not. You can always fall back on silly jabs backed up by sayings popular among teenage girls about five years ago.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Dose anyone know if WADA have to pay their vampires tripple pay for working on Christmas day.

Maybe they show a ounce of good spirit and good will or are they just too
pi!!ed to get out and do testing.

Maybe some are snow bound in Europe.

Let the vampires suffer.